[buug-l] Adminstammtisch 07.07. - 07.07. - YANG and NETCONF (Pieter Lexis)

jenslink at quux.de jenslink at quux.de
Do Jun 30 21:41:16 CEST 2022

Hallo!

As last time this will be a hybrid event, we’ll meet in person
and also stream and record the presentation part. And as you may
have guessed the presentation will be in English.

If you are joining for food and drinks after the presentation make
sure to register here to we can reserve for enough people:

https://nuudel.digitalcourage.de/oi9Qq7tZ58m5QpZe

We’ll start at 19:00.

Stream: : https://vc5.cms.hu-berlin.de/b/mic-crd-f3x-vxs

HU Berlin
Universitätsstraße 3b
Raum 002/003
S-Friedrichstr

Abstract

In the operations world, there’s a disconnect between the system
administrators and the network administrators. The sys-admins have
automation tools that don’t integrate with the NFV/SDN standards used by
“pure” network operations.

In RFC 3535, the Internet Architecture Board stated that network
equipment should provide defined models and a unified configuration API.
This resulted in the standardization of YANG (a data modeling language)
and NETCONF (an RPC protocol for configuration that carries instantiated
YANG data).

In this talk, I’ll be discussing the configuration management landscape
(from a system administrator perspective), explain a bit about YANG and
NETCONF and how these two technologies can be used to automate network

Mehr zum Adminstammtisch findet ihr unter https://www.flarp.de, dort gibt es