[rohrpost] zitateraten

Wolfgang Staehle wolfgangsta@thing.net
Thu, 11 Apr 2002 13:54:32 -0400

Tilman Baumgaertel wrote:

> Was genau wolltest Du uns sagen?

BOYCOTT OF ALL ISRAELI ART INSTITUTIONS
END THE OCCUPATION

We appeal to all artists of good conscience around the world to cancel
all exhibitions and other cultural events that are scheduled to occur
in Israel, to mobilize immediately and not allow the continuation of
the Israeli offensive to breed complacency. Like the boycott of South
African art institutions during apartheid, and the boycott of Austrian
art institutions when Haider was elected, the art world must speak out
against the current Israeli war crimes and atrocities. We reach out our
hand in support of all Israeli artists who are active against the
occupation, such as artist Meir Gal, film maker Simone Bitton, poet
Sami Shalom Chetrit, film maker Rachel Jones, and poet Yitshak Laor.
We support them and their work. It is especially important at this
time to extend all our support to those brave Israeli artists who are
against the current Israeli offensive and are speaking out against
their own government.

We, members of the international art community are calling on Israel
for a complete withdrawal back to the 1967 borders as well as a
dismantlement of all West Bank settlements. We will boycott all
Israeli art institutions and cultural events until that time.

We appeal for an end of the current military offensive in which Apache
helicopter gunships, tanks, F-16s, M-16s, and anti-aircraft missiles
are terrorizing an entire civilian population who were already living
under the hardships of occupation.

We urgently appeal for food and drinking water, and for the general
access of all humanitarian agencies. The situation is on the verge
of a humanitarian disaster.

We appeal for the safety of all individuals.

We appeal for medical supplies and access to medical treatment,
electricity, water, phone lines and other necessary facilities.

We appeal for freedom of movement within all cities and outside all
Palestinian cities. Before the current military offensive,
Palestinians in the West Bank and Gaza were denied freedom of movement
due to over 300 Israeli checkpoints. It is unforgivable that in the
21st century, people are killed just trying to get to work, deliver
babies, or visit a relative in a neighboring village...

We appeal for the immediate end to vandalism, looting, humiliation,
and gratuitous violence and destruction.

We appeal for access of humanitarian agencies, including the ICRC,
Red Cross, and the Red Crescent to all detainees, prisoners and
hostages, including Palestinian President Yasser Arafat, to ensure
their well-being.

To endorse this appeal email your name, field, and location to
arts-appeal@oznik.com