[rohrpost] B O R D E R N E W S - 2/04

MIKEA riemel at mikea.de
Mon Jul 12 18:08:28 CEST 2004

---->    BORDERNEWS 2/04 BERLIN    <----
 updates  from the  cultural hemisphere
 ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
 welcome back after 6 months of radical
 fostering of the new and weird -mitte-
 survival. still there,  still fighting
 MIKEA5+ are we doing the best we can ?
 greeting all new born babies/parents !
 roughly 4.500 recipients/international

 suggested audio reading support...
 http://shitkatapult.com/
 listen too: das bierbeben
 'no future no past' - 'schizophrene'
 'tot sind wir noch lange nicht' etc.

-> HAPPENING NOW ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

-> loveweek, fuckparade, music day, fight the power,
-> contact europe, shitparade, nation of gondwana
still wet, still uncomfortable
http://www.bembelterror.de/fuckparade/
we had that 2001 ?
http://www.love-week.de/
instead of carneval erotica
http://www.fightthepower.de/
the 10th nation of gondwana
http://www.pyonen.de/pyonen.htm
something at the 17.juni
http://www.music-day.org/
http://www.isbetterwithyou.com/
fine vj festival... more of it
http://www.projekttor.org/
panzerkreuzer krötenprinzessin. best name
http://www.pkkp.de/
yes! it's a tour too! go there!
http://shitparade.net/
different and cool
http://www.erichmuehsamfest.de/
the best of all parties
http://gigolo-records.de/
http://www.berlin-hidden-places.de/regional/k_t/trept_flutgraben.htm

-> HIGHLIGHTS ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

-> sonar at war
my fifth sonar and still worth every minute.
slightly irritated to not find mediainstallations but instead being
'forced' to walk through a very intense exhibition around the culture
of WARS at the cccb. an then the miconations gathering at the macba:
state of content says hi to the forward thinkers and independent !
finding out to be evru ;)?
http://sonar.es/
http://www.micro-nations.org
http://muu.fi/amorph03/micronations.html
http://evru.org/
http://www.cccb.org/eng/activ/expos/expos.htm

-> fusion
even though summer sucks this one is still great ! including old
heroes and real angels ;)
http://www.alicedonut.com/
http://www.fusion-festival.de/

-> MIKEA PROEJECTS ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

-> flyer soziotope
still trying to finish the BIG documentary book about 25 years of
flyerculture until popkomm. still trying to get the sponsors together.
support really wanted and welcome regarding editorial and layout staff,
monetary affairs (!) and in printing and distributing the product.
the LAST chance to contribute material for the book !
http://www.jugendkulturen.de/
http://clubtransmediale.de/
http://www.rebelart.net/f001.html
http://plakat.nadir.org/zufall.php3
http://www.qsl.at/
thanks to...
http://www.kulturstiftung-des-bundes.de/
http://nike.com/
http://www.flyersoziotope.net/

-> borderTV showing a 1 hour archive outtake
'maedchen und tiere' - a subjective walk through artforum 2001
walden kunstausstellungen, kastanienallee 86
tuesday and wednesday, 13. and 14.7.04, 21.00
http://galerie-walden.de/

-> re:pulik.tv
the concept is lying at the mediaboard for evaluation. the palace is
open and ready for possible cultural use. the whole thing is still
hot. presenting the project to the hauptstadtkulturfonds, the konrad
adenauer stiftung, the zwischenpalastnutzung e.v. and the senate there
is some hope left.
what's re:publik.tv ? a festival in a 9x9x9m cubical 4 sided walk-in
cinema/tv studio with 3 levels of videotechnique and content. 14 days
of public broadband videomashing including dvd produciton and tons of
interactive features. international correspondents for sending and
receiving partnerships are obviously planed and wanted. the most
important aspect is the kick off financing and the location !
palace of the republik - volkskammersaal. how about november 04 ?
http://zwischenpalastnutzung.de/
http://palast.org/links/
http://www.terrakottaarmee.de/

-> border2000
back again as an archive missing subpages like new border art space
(NBAS), mikea 2.0+ und borderTV, but still a nice memory...
http://www.border2000.org/

-> foto-shop
having accomplished more than 30 exhibitions since its opening it still
rocks with authentic images, guests and sound. the smallest gallery of
berlin: always worth a step across the border ! some publications in
the pipeline like our yearbook 03. new webpage approaching, too.
last topics were: deutschland, weiss, outside of berlin, tod,
fotoromans. still playing heim und bau. we are happy to have great new
international partners from argentina ;)
next opening: the first part of our 6 months cycle FREIHEIT
starting tuesday 20.7.04
http://www.foto-shop-berlin.de/
coming up our participation in the great pupu webmag nr. 2
http://www.espaipupu.com/eflyer/eflyer2.htm
we are proud to be a part
http://kunstmittenord.de/

-> other bizlinks
maybe enter a bizcommunity ?
 http://www.openbc.com/
need space in berlin for UR musicthing ?
http://www.klinktzusammen.de/

-> MY ENVIRONMENT ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

-> bootlab
eXstream the first EU funded project came to an excellent finish
recently in vienna...
http://ex-stream.net/
http://freebitflows.t0.or.at/
still close to the labers and probably one of the most influential
opensource conferences
http://wizards-of-os.org/
now ready for germany
http://creativecommons.org/
new members approaching
http://www.3dluvr.com/voltaire/
we have a mouse ! good sign. even though we had an anthrax attack by
http://www.critical-art.net/
http://www.bootlab.org/

and most impact of all projects based there...

-> reboot.fm
3 months of radio in it's most unexpected versions...
a great software suite enabling others to go along...
so many social links - it would flood your cache
accompanied by a great club
http://schooldeutschland.com/
with revelations like http://www.meltedmen.com/
the future ? let's pray for a new frequency in cooperation with
http://www.okb.de/ read the forum...
go reboot ! berlin loves and needs it !
if you missed some show like the foto-shop radio, audio quattro,
no show announced or anything else... just ask...
http://www.reboot.fm/

-> klubradio
the best live streams are still pushing love out into your ears
check the latest developments for our little community...
like the 24/7 radio for tresor and wmf...
http://klubradio.de/
http://www.klubradio-service.de/
nice sites...
http://www.paxahau.com/
http://www.absorb.org/

-> COMING UP ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

-> bread and butter
fashion and crass list of side events
http://www.breadandbutter.com/

-> camp-tipsy
the best place in the world
http://www.camp-tipsy.de/

-> urban music köln
oh yes... still happening in cologne
http://www.mem-koeln.de/
http://www.co-pop.de/

-> popkomm
oh yes... now in berlin 2
http://www.popkomm.de/

-> ars electronica
the future... approaching...
http://www.aec.at/timeshift

-> vj/+ festivals
it's more than music...
http://www.avit.org.uk/
http://www.visualsensations.nl/
http://www.livevisualsaward.com/
http://www.newformsfestival.com/

-> NICE PLACES ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
salute weinerei brunnenstrasse! you were great !
http://fischer.greaterhongkong.de/pussyundknoepfchen.html
at the volkspark am weinbergsweg
http://www.rosengarten-berlin.de/
http://neuemethode.de
http://capitalmag.com/
http://www.miniclip.com/motivator.htm
http://kriegmichrum.de/
http://www.berlinbiennale.de/
http://public-heaven-private-hell.de/
http://www.designmai.de/
http://neuro.kein.org/
http://www.ikmsymposium.de/
http://www.moviemiento.com/
http://produkte-fuer-staedter.de/
http://www.compound-eye.org/radio/index_old.htm
http://www.touristinformationinternational.com/
http://www.no-contact.com/
http://www.archive.org/
> interesting stuff...
http://www.game-face.de/
http://www.ladestation.net/
http://thebaffler.com/
http://www.kritische-masse.de/
http://www.iaspm.net/
http://www.culture-of-cities.de/
http://www.shrinkingcities.com/
http://nexusmagazine.com/
r U a girl + smoke ? 20 portraitslots left at
http://zigarettenmaedchen.com/
for all others... 14 slots left ;)
http://standardportrait.de/

that's it or do you want more ?
ah - almost forgot ! - I really need more money !
any ideas ?

jesus loves you
power to fight!

your mike riemel

  it's the movement !

  MIKEA 5+
  agentur fuer kultur und medien
  flyer soziotope | borderTV | borderNEWS
  klubradio unlimited gmbh - marketing
  bootlab | ziegelstr. 23 | 10117 berlin
  foto-shop | invalidenstr.1 | 10115 berlin
  030 2759 6041, 0172 900 8852
  www.mikea.de

  Disclaimer
  no - I'm not responsible for the content of others ;)
  yes - you can unsubscribe this newsletter if you feel
  like it by replying: don't send please...