[rohrpost] FBI & RTmark

alain alain at rebelart.net
Don Jun 3 03:50:45 CEST 2004

ist doch ein gedanke wert, oder ...

From: Belinda Barnet, Lecturer in Media and Communications

I'm not suggesting that this is a hoax, but before I send money I'd like
some evidence from sources external to RTmark.

It's interesting that this has spread like wildfire around lists without
quotes from the FBI, official confirmation etc that usually accompanies
such stories.

Firstly, the news articles referred to from WKBW appear to be archived on
the RTmark website, and can't be accessed via the WKBW website itself.

Secondly, no-one seems to have actually spoken to the "official" groups
associated with this (eg FBI) to get confirmation.

Does anyone have information from sources *not* associated with RTmark?
Please understand I'm not suggesting it is a hoax, but before I send
moeny I'd like some kind of evidence it's real.

If it's not real, it's fantastic demonstration of how misinformation can
spread....

http://joi.ito.com/archives/2004/05/27/rtmark_reports_false_arrest_of_artist_by_fbi_who_mistakes_art_for_bioterrorism.html

             _            _  _             _
 ____ ______| |___ ______| ||_|  ____ ____| |_ *
|  __| __  _|  _  | __  _| | _  |  _ |  __|  _|
| |  |_   |_| |_| |_   |_| ||_||  |_|| |  | |
* connecting art and activism

alain bieber | chief editor

rebel:art media foundation
viktor-renner-str. 2/53