[rohrpost] Games for Change job openings

Tamiko Thiel tamiko at alum.mit.edu
Sam Dez 2 00:09:53 CET 2006

Games for Change (G4C) is growing and we're hiring for three positions
in NYC.   Among many projects, we're creating a games lab with Parsons
the New School for Design and are working closely with the MacArthur
Foundation in their new digital media and learning initiative.  We've
also received grants over the past six months from Surdna and the Robert
Wood Johnson Foundations, as well as the Woodrow Wilson International
Center for Scholars.

Founded in 2004, G4C is the central organization building the field of
social change through digital games media. Like documentary film in the
1970?s, games media have the potential to significantly change how we
engage the public on today?s real-world issues.

    * _Executive Director_: seeking a social change innovator and
      experienced program manager in leading a growing team of people as
      the organization expands to a solid yet flexible institution at
      the forefront of a new form of media in the public interest. We're
      looking for an Executive Director to lead the organization with
      support from our president and board.  (See PDF job description
      <http://www.gamesforchange.org//docs/jobs/G4C-Executive-Director-Opening--v1g.pdf>.)

    * _Online Social Network Manager-Designer_: Oversee the development
      and operation of an innovative online Knowledge Network. (See PDF
      job description
      <http://www.gamesforchange.org//docs/jobs/G4C_social_network_manager_opening--v1d.pdf>.)

    * _National Event Planner_ (as staff or consultant): Oversee
      planning for all events over an intense eight-month period,
      including our annual Festival, with the opportunity to help grow
      new events for future
    * years. (See PDF job description
      <http://www.gamesforchange.org//docs/jobs/G4C-event-planner--v2d.pdf>.)

About Us: Games for Change (G4C) ( http://www.gamesforchange.org
<http://www.gamesforchange.org/>) provides support, visibility and
shared resources to organizations and individuals using digital games
for social change, with special assistance to non-profits and
foundations entering the field. This is the primary community of
practice for those interested in making and understanding digital games
about the most pressing issues of our day, from poverty to race and the
environment. We are the social change/social issues branch of the
Serious Games Initiative <http://www.seriousgames.org>.

For more info, please sign up for our listserv at:
http://www.gamesforchange.org/info/Lists

Please pass this along to any people and/or lists you think would be
interested.  Thank you!

._._._._._._._._._._

Suzanne Seggerman
Co-Executive Director, Co-founder