[rohrpost] INVITATION TO JOIN KUNSTRADIO'S CELEBRATION OF ART'S BIRTHDAY 2007!

Kunstradio kunstradio at kunstradio.at
Die Dez 5 17:02:42 CET 2006

INVITATION TO JOIN KUNSTRADIO'S CELEBRATION OF ART'S BIRTHDAY 2007!
Art’s Birthday 2007: Adore and be still.
100 years of radio

Art's Birthday Party is a celebration in memory of Robert Filliou who  declared,
on January 17 1963, that Art had been born exactly 1,000,000 years  ago when
someone dropped a dry sponge into a pail of water. After Filliou's  death in
1987, some artists began to celebrate Art's Birthday in the spirit of his
concept of "The Eternal Network" or "La Fete permanente". The Birthday parties
took place in different cities across the world, and artists were asked to
bring birthday presents for Art – works that could be shared over the network.

On Christmas 1906, on the other hand, Reginald Aubrey Fessenden undertook the
very first radio broadcast of voice and music. Luckily, he had the foresight to
time his experiment exactly, its 100th anniversary practically coinciding with
the 1,000,044th birthday of Art.
We therefore ask you to join Kunstradio's celebration of this stunning fact. We
invite you to search your own territories for further firsts in radio history.
Premieres of different kinds; the first transmission in stereo, the start of a
series of brilliant shows, the first time you listened to the radio, the first
time they played 'your' song, the first time you were broadcasting, were on
air.

Soundfiles of these broadcasts we ask you to upload to our website at
http://kunstradio.at/PROJECTS/AB2007/index.html (The upload tool will be online
from December 8th, 2006)

Feeding on your individual sonic archives and this database of numerous people's
special radio moments you can then assemble your own radiophonic versions of our
medium's history. These we invite you to also stream on January 17th, 2007. We
will listen into your streams at our party on site in Vienna, re-mix and
further distribute your streams via our live Kunstradio broadcast on the
cultural channel of Austrian National Radio Ö1, as well as in our slot on the
EBU satellite.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us under:
kunstradio at kunstradio.at

Please feel free to spread the word! This is the party you can bring
along as many people as you like!

//// The short version:

What do we want?
A present. Not for us, for Art's birthday.

Which present?
Your radio's history. Or: Your history of radio.

How?
Streamed, emailed, posted, uploads at
http://kunstradio.at/PROJECTS/AB2007/index.html

Format?
mp3 files, live-streams, images, webcams ...

When?
January 17th, 2007 from 20:00 - 24:00 CET, 19:00 - 23:00 GMT

Why?
To celebrate.

What?
Art's Birthday.