[rohrpost] Taugshow #10 is online

das ende der nahrungskette jg at monochrom.at
Die Apr 3 10:56:18 CEST 2007

monochrom presents:

++ T A U G S H O W   # 1 0 ++

Online for downloading

----> http://www.monochrom.at/taugshow/taugshow10.htm

Recorded Sunday, February 11, 2007 / 8:00 PM @ Exploratorium, San Francisco.

Thanks to the wonderful folks at RE/Search for
being our producers. And million+1 kisses to Liz
Keim of the Exploratorium, Scott Beale of
Laughing Squid, Jacob Appelbaum, Eddie Codel and
David Fine for helping us organize the show.

The flat hierarchies of talk shows are about as
subversive as NYC Democrats smoking dope. But
count us out! We won't produce a talk show. Nope.
We produce a TAUGSHOW! Which means: we dig it.
Our guests are geeks, heretics, and other
coevals. A joyful bucket full of good clean
fanaticism, crisis, language, culture,
self-content, identity, utopia, mania and
despair, condensed into the well known cultural
technique of a prime time TV show.

[taugen; Viennese slang: to dig/love/adore something]

Host: Johannes Grenzfurthner
Content Manager: Roland Gratzer

Guests:

/// J.D. LENZEN ON LONG-CHAINED MOLECULES AND KNOT EFFICIENCY

J.D. Lenzen is a classic San Francisco bohemian.
By day he works as an environmental chemist, and
by night he teaches rope bondage instruction
workshops as a member of Two Knotty Boys.
Co-author of the rope bondage instruction guide
“Two Knotty Boys Showing You the Ropes”, J.D.
also writes fictionalized novels—his first, “Soft
Candy”, is scheduled for release this spring. A
part time actor, J.D. also paints lowbrow pop
surrealist paintings and is an accomplished singer/songwriter.

http://www.roperigger.com
http://www.twoknottyboys.com
http://www.namahaman.com/
http://www.chapterprojects.com/
http://pics.livejournal.com/jayodee/gallery/000010cg

/// JENNIFER GRANICK ON LAW AND OTHER HACKS

Jennifer Granick is Executive Director of
Stanford Law School's Center for Internet and
Society, Director of the Cyberlaw Clinic.
She joined Stanford Law School in January 2001,
as Lecturer in Law and Executive Director of the
Center for Internet and Society (CIS). She
teaches, speaks and writes on the full spectrum
of Internet law issues including computer crime
and security, national security, constitutional
rights, and electronic surveillance, areas in
which her expertise is recognized nationally.
Jennifer Granick came to Stanford after almost a
decade practicing criminal defense law in
California. Her experience includes stints at the
Office of the State Public Defender and at a
number of criminal defense boutiques, before
founding the Law Offices of Jennifer S. Granick,
where she focused on hacker defense and other
computer law representations at the trial and
appellate level in state and federal court. At
Stanford, she currently teaches the Cyberlaw
Clinic, one of the nation's few law and technology litigation clinics.
Jennifer Granick continues to consult on computer
crime cases and serves on the Board of Directors
of the Honeynet Project, which collects data on
computer intrusions for the purposes of
developing defensive tools and practices and the
Hacker Foundation, a research and service
organization promoting the creative use of
technological resources. She was selected by
Information Security magazine in 2003 as one of
20 "Women of Vision" in the computer security field.

http://www.granick.com/blog

/// Regulars:

EVELYN FÜRLINGER, MA.

Evelyn presents "Wicked Wordz" our regular column about lingustics.

/// Visuals:

VJ MATTBOT

http://mattbot.net/

/// Short films: