[rohrpost] CFP ACM Multimedia 2007 Art Progam / Augsburg

Tamiko Thiel tamiko at alum.mit.edu
Die Feb 20 10:06:49 CET 2007

   ACM Multimedia 2007
   Interactive Art Program
   23-29 September, Augsburg, Germany
   http://iap07.multimedia.fh-augsburg.de/

   CALL FOR EXHIBITION ENTRIES AND PAPERS

   ACM Multimedia 2007 is the premier annual multimedia conference,
   covering all aspects of multimedia computing. The ACM MM
   Interactive Art Program seeks to bring together the arts and
   multimedia communities to create the stage to explore, discuss, and
   push the limits for the advancement of both multimedia technology
   through the arts, and the arts through multimedia technology.

   This fourth version of the Interactive Art Program will consist of
   an art exhibition and a conference track. We invite artists working
   with digital media and researchers in technical areas to submit
   their original contributions to the following tracks:

   Multimedia art exhibition: ÒI / Other / Group.Ó We seek artworks
   that use multimedia to explore issues of self-exploration, self-
   presentation towards another, the self in a group or the group as a
   self. We particularly seek interactive multimedia works that by
   combining multiple media, technologies, and novel technical ideas,
   realize strong artistic concepts that give a new perspective on the
   topic of the exhibition.

   Deadline for submission to the Art Exhibition: May 8, 2007

   Conference track: we solicit papers describing interactive
   multimedia artworks, tools, applications, and technical approaches
   for creative uses of multimedia content and technology as well as
   technical approaches for the management of art-related media
   collections. Emphasis will be given to novel works that use a rich
   variety of media and those that are interactive, particularly works
   that exploit non-conventional human-computer interfaces or sensors
   in new and emerging areas. We strongly encourage papers with a
   strong technical content written by artists. Papers may be long (10
   pages) or short (2 to 4 pages). Long papers are presented in front
   of an audience and short papers are presented in poster format.
   Deadline for full papers to the Arts Program Conference Track May
   8, 2007

   Deadline for short papers to the Arts Program Conference Track June
   1, 2007

   For further submission details please see
   http://iap07.multimedia.fh-augsburg.de/

   Accepted papers and art works will be published in the ACM
   Multimedia Conference proceedings.

   Important Dates
   May 8, 2007      Long papers and art exhibitions submission deadline.
   June 1, 2007     Short papers submission deadline.
   June 20, 2007   Authors notification.
   July 20, 2007    Camera-ready papers due.

   Program Chairs
   Alejandro Jaimes, IDIAP Research Institute , Switzerland
   (Alex.Jaimes at idiap.ch)
   Frank Nack, UniversitŽ Claude Bernard Lyon 1, France
   (frank.nack at liris.cnrs.fr)
   Thomas Rist, FH Augsburg, Germany (tr at rz.fh-augsburg.de)

   Curatorial Committee
   Annet Decker, Montevideo, Amsterdam
   Anne Nigten, V2_, Institute for the Unstable Media, Rotterdam
   Prof. Robert Rose, time based media, Faculty of Design, Augsburg
   University of Applied Sciences, Augsburg