[rohrpost] Last Call to join Kunstradio's Art's Birthday Celebration

Kunstradio kunstradio at kunstradio.at
Sam Jan 13 16:04:04 CET 2007

INVITATION TO JOIN KUNSTRADIO'S CELEBRATION OF ART'S BIRTHDAY 2007!
Art’s Birthday 2007: Adore and be still.
100 years of radio

On Christmas 1906, on the other hand, Reginald Aubrey Fessenden undertook the
very first radio broadcast of voice and music. Luckily, he had the foresight to
time his experiment exactly, its 100th anniversary practically coinciding with
the 1,000,044th birthday of Art. We therefore ask you to join Kunstradio's
celebration of this stunning fact. We invite you to search your own territories
for further firsts in radio history. Premieres of different kinds; the first
transmission in stereo, the start of a series of brilliant shows, the first
time you listened to the radio, the first time they played 'your' song, the
first time you were broadcasting, were on air.

Soundfiles of these broadcasts we ask you to upload here:
http://kunstradio.at/PROJECTS/AB2007/presents-upload.php

Feeding on your individual sonic archives and this database of numerous people's
special radio moments you can then assemble your own radiophonic versions of our
medium's history. These we invite you to stream to our party in Vienna on
January 17th, 2007. We will re-mix and further distribute your streams via our
live Kunstradio broadcast on the cultural channel of Austrian National Radio
Ö1, as well as in our slot on the EBU satellite.

Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us under:
kunstradio at kunstradio.at

Please feel free to spread the word! This is the party you can bring along as
many people and presents as you like!

More about Art's Birthday can be found here: http://www.artsbirthday.net
--
Kunstradio - Radiokunst