[rohrpost] Screening and exhibition Klaus W. Eisenlohr

richfilm productions office at richfilm.de
Fre Okt 19 09:57:26 CEST 2007

traute räume - urban spaces
exhibition

Klaus W. Eisenlohr 's work is strongly related
with public space. Chicago, Hannover, Posen,
Berlin and Helsinki have been stops on his
journey exploring urban spaces. He uses both, his
camera and direct social interaction for a
research on the state of urban space and the
social conditions for public space. When
realizing his projects with photography, film or
media the perceptions and visions on place and
space are being transformed into images, which
surpass the documentary recording but leap into
open pictorial creation. The exhibition comprises
photographic prints and a media installation with
dual projection of "familiar spaces" of the said
cities.

| We  24 Oct. 2007 at  20:00, Opening Reception
| Exhibition lasts 25 Oct.-07 Nov. | Gallery
Alter Wiehre Bahnhof |

Slow Space
screening

Filmed entirely within the urban constructed
environment that makes up the contemporary North
American city of Chicago, Slow Space is a
visually arresting investigation into how space
is described, defined and ultimately experienced.
(Ben Anderson)

Street scenes and interviews complement this
essay on public and private spaces. Slow Space is
a film and art project by Klaus W. Eisenlohr.
With his project in Chicago, the artist has
investigated the relationship between the body
and the urban architectural environment over the
time period of three years. Searching the
anomalies of the normal, the filmmaker traces a
'Desire for Modernity' in the city's architecture
being shaped by pre- and postmodern forces. In
addition, the film discusses the topic of public
space in American cities through interviews with
the Chicago artists and filmmakers Deborah
Stratman, Chris Harris, Gretchen Till, Ken
Fandell, Thomas Comerford and Eduardo Pradilla.
Info on the film: http://www.richfilm.de/filmUpload/1-framesSlowSpace.html

| We 24 Oct. 2007 at 21:30, filmmaker Klaus W.
Eisenlohr will be present | Cinema Kommunales Kino

reading architecture
Two film screenings and one exhibition of Klaus
W. Eisenlohr are being presented in Freiburg, at
Alter Wiehre Bahnhof.  Kommunales Kino Freiburg
and Architecture Days Alsace and
Baden-Württemberg host these shows concerned with
architecture and urban space.
http://www.ja-at.eu/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=90&Itemid=127

Location: Kommunales Kino
Alter Wiehre Bahnhof
Urachstr. 40
79102 Freiburg
Germany
Tel. +49 - 761 - 709033
--
richfilm productions, Klaus W. Eisenlohr, Osnabrücker Str. 25, D-10589 Berlin

eMail Adresse: 		office at richfilm.de
Homepage !!!		http://www.kw-eisenlohr.de
Film Produktion:		http://www.richfilm.de

Telefon:			int.- 49 - (0)30 - 3409 5343 (BERLIN)