[rohrpost] TRAMPOLINE, YEAR 10 - Call for Submissions

Anette Schäfer anette at trampoline-berlin.de
Sam Okt 27 17:45:28 CEST 2007

TRAMPOLINE, YEAR 10

CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS

29th November 2007, Broadway Media Centre, Nottingham

7.00p.m. - Late

DEADLINE FOR SUBMISSIONS: Mon 12th Nov 07

EVENT TO BE HELD ON: Thur 29th Nov 07

Trampoline celebrates over 10 years in new media art…

THE THEME: THE SURVEILLANCE CITY

If we are not to be played and lost like Pawns scrabbling on the surface of
a chessboard we need to understand the rules of the game we are engaged in.

As developers buy up our city centres for regeneration into ‘desirable
properties for the market’, a similar appropriation is taking place within
the spectrum that lies above. The air we breathe is itself becoming digital
real estate, an intangible landscape carried on radio waves, filling the
voids of our cities like Dark Matter.

The new city is coming – a city whose spaces are connected by hidden
electronic passages and data crawl-throughs, spaces where our movements are
traceable, recordable and identifiable by the litter of data we carelessly
drop and the Web 2.0 we unwittingly spin in the chatter of our networks.

Trampoline celebrates over 10 years in new media art in November with a look
at how artists are teaching themselves the game plan for this wireless,
super conductive urban landscape that is emerging around us.

Trampoline is calling for submissions in 2 areas of interest:

1. SURVEILLANCE CITY
>From video, animation, installation, sculpture, performance, live music, and
web streaming Trampoline welcomes all forms of artistic expression with a
critique of digital culture.

2. NEW MEDIA PERFORMANCE
In addition to this, Trampoline will curate a programme of new media
performance celebrating the diversity of 10 years in this area. Of
particular interest are performance video, live streaming, audio tours and
participatory, mobile projects.

For further details on how to submit work, please go to
www.trampoline.org.uk/TrampolineUK/

A Trampoline project with financial support by Arts Council England