[rohrpost] IMMEDIATE ART - Lecture Series in the Centre for Contemporary Art Laznia in Gdansk (PL)

Oliver Grau oliver.grau at donau-uni.ac.at
Don Mai 15 19:17:20 CEST 2008

>>IMMEDIATE ART<<

Centre for Contemporary Art Laznia in Gdansk (PL)

and

curator Kasia Wozniak

are happy to present the IMMEDIATE ART project:

>>IMMEDIATE ART<< project concerns wide range of phenomena that deal
with
the modern mutual relationships between arts and new technologies. Our
aim
is to build a panorama of these artistic phenomena and offer an event
dealing with these issues in an integral form and wide thematic scope.

>>IMMEDIATE ART<< is a series of lectures given by the eminent
theoreticians. In parallel to the above mentioned lectures, the invited

artists will present their works, discuss the interconnectedness of art
and
technology and will talk about their art from the point of view of the

latest technological changes. We are deeply convinced that these two
complementary cycles will provide the public with an in-depth panorama
of
the fascinating phenomena in the body of New Media Art.

We are very happy to invite You to the following lectures:

2008

02.08. Paul SERMON
03.08. Oliver GRAU
04.08. Christian HÜBLER
06.08. Siegfried ZIELINSKI
09.08. Lev MANOVICH
10.08. Maurice BENAYOUN
11.08. Hans BELTING
12.08. Monika FLEISCHMANN

****

22.02. Paul SERMON
Lecture: Puppeteers, Performers or Avatars - A perceptual difference in

telematic space

10.03. Oliver GRAU
Lecture: MediaArtHistory - Image Science - Digital Humanities

24.04. Christian HÜBLER
Lecture: Translocal Practices

23.06. Siegfried ZIELINSKI
Lecture: On Variantology and Archeology of Media

2009

We have a great pleasure in announcing that the following Artists and
Scholars accepted our invitation to hold lecture in the Laznia Centre
next
year:

Roy ASCOTT
Eduardo KAC
Martin KEMP
Roger MALINA
Christa SOMMERER

The year shall be inaugurated with Eduardo Kac*s exhibition
*Lagoglyphs:
the Bunny Variations*

Opening: January 16th, 6 pm

It is necessary to add that this project couldn*t have been realised

without generous support from our Partners:

Polish Ministry of Culture and National Heritage
Ifa Institut für Auslandsbeziehungen
American Embassy in Warsaw
Pro Helvetia Foundation

**************