[rohrpost] Artist Award for LIfetime Achievement in Digital Art
oliver.grau at donau-uni.ac.at
Fre Nov 14 09:07:48 CET 2008
ACM SIGGRAPH announces: The Distinguished Artist Award for LIfetime
Achievement in Digital Art
The Distinguished Artist Award is awarded annually to an artist who
has created a substantial and important body of work that
significantly advances aesthetic content in the field of digital art.
Nominations are due by December 1, 2008, sent to Cynthia Beth Rubin <http://www.siggraph.org/gen-info/contact.php?default=Arts%20Award%20Chair
>, the Awards chair, and should include:
Name(s) of the individual(s) being nominated (address and/or phone
number and/or email address are also appreciated).
References to websites with the artist's works and/or texts are most
helpful (multiple references are welcome).
Nominator's name, address, telephone number, fax number, and email
A statement by the nominator describing the significance of the
artist's contributions according to the following criteria:
(1) The Artist has been contributing internationally to the digital
arts for more than Twenty (20) years.
(2) The Artist has produced important work(s) that is(are) referenced
in digital art history/theory papers/books.
(3) The Artist has established an unexplored area in the field of
digital art/media art.
(4) The Artist has been advancing the use of digital technologies in
(5) The Artist has contributed to the history and/or theory and/or
practice of digital art through writing and presentations.
Individuals may self-nomi