[rohrpost] monochrom's ++TAUGSHOW #16++

das ende der nahrungskette jg at monochrom.at
Die Sep 16 00:57:02 CEST 2008

++TAUGSHOW #16++

Divine Special (Paraflows 08 festival special)

Wednesday, September 17, 2008 / 8:00 PM @ Metalab, Vienna

We are not allowed to talk about the special guest hosts... yet!

But who are our guests?

/// TREVOR PAGLEN
Trevor Paglen is an artist, writer, and
experimental geographer working out of the
Department of Geography at the University of
California, Berkeley. His work involves
deliberately blurring the lines between social
science, contemporary art, and a host of even
more obscure disciplines to construct unfamiliar,
yet meticulously researched ways to interpret the world around us.

/// JASON SCOTT
Jason Scott is a digital historian and
documentary filmmaker based out of the
Northeastern US, focusing on bulletin board
system culture of the 1970s and 1980s. He often
finds himself well outside of that realm and has
collected many archives of general computer and
software history, which he makes available on
various parts of his online archive, TEXTFILES.COM.

/// RACHEL LOVINGER
Rachel Lovinger works at Avenue A | Razorfish as
a Senior Content Strategist, developing ways for
global clients to help connect users to the
quality content they want and need. She's
particularly interested in relevance,
findability, signification, and inherently funny words.

/// Regulars:
EVELYN FÜRLINGER, MA.
Evelyn presents "Wicked Wordz", our regular column about lingustics.

/// Showband
THE INCOHERENT DEITIES
Oh yes.

---> http://www.monochrom.at/taugshow/