[rohrpost] 11. & 12.9.09 STRUCTURES NODE 2: BLIND CAPTURE - a two days symposium

Oliver Baurhenn ob at generalpublic.de
Mon Sep 7 21:12:44 CEST 2009

  STRUCTURES NODE 2: BLIND CAPTURE - a two days symposium

// Date: September 11 & 12, 2009
// Time: daily 15-22:00
// Venue: General Public
// Address: Schoenhauser Allee 167c, 10435 Berlin
// Language: English
// Tickets: 10 EUR /day & 15.- EUR both days
// Presale: http://www.clubtransmediale.de/projects/structures/node-2/info-ticketshop.html

The two-day symposium Blind Capture is a prologue to the CTM.10
festival Overlap - Sound and Other Media (29.1 - 6.2.2010). Three
elected themes are central to what connects these events: the balance
between visual art and contemporary experimental music, from images
and sound to a look at the structure of the music scene in
contemporary Berlin. Blind Capture presents as a process the
exploration of happenings that are not immediately visible or
graspable, and their capture in words. Participants from diverse
disciplines present the current state of their research from different
perspectives. The results will be presented together as short essays
in the CTM.10 catalogue.

Participants:
David Stubbs (UK), Jesper N. Jorgensen (DK), Sandra Naumann (AT),
Lillevan (DE), Geoff Stahl (CA/NZ), Brandon LaBelle (US), Boris
Debackere (BE),Gudrun Gut (DE), Ronald Lippok (DE)

Next to the lectures and presentations, two installations will be on
display:
'25.Sec-Structures Preview' by Angelika Middendorf & Andreas
Schimanski (DE)
'!' by Anke Eckardt (DE)

Read the full program with descriptions of the individual presentation
and biographies of the participants on our website:
http://www.clubtransmediale.de/projects/structures/node-2.html

Structures is a two year scheme investigating the structural
conditions and future possibilities for independent music-making and
experimental audio-visual cultures today. Node 2: Blind Capture is the
second in a sequence of three smaller events that connect the two main
parts of the Structures-project, the CTM.09 respectively CTM.10
festivals.

Media Partners:
The Wire | Die Tageszeitung | BLN.fm

Funded by:
Hauptstadtkulturfonds

Supported by:
Embassy of Canada | Ludwig Boltzmann Institute | University of
Wellington

CTM - Festival for adventurous music and related visual arts
next Festival: Berlin, 28.1. - 6.2.2010

http://www.clubtransmediale.de
http://www.myspace.com/clubtransmediale

DISK / club transmediale GbR | DISK - Initiative Bild & Ton e.V.
Schönhauser Allee 167c
10435 berlin
Germany

fon ++49 (0)30 44 04 18 52