[rohrpost] AR art @ ISEA/Istanbul Biennial, + Venice Biennial & Samek Art Gallery

Tamiko Thiel tamiko at alum.mit.edu
Don Sep 8 23:00:26 CEST 2011

Dear Friends,

I am delighted to be in the following augmented reality exhibits at:

ISEA2011 Istanbul
As official parallel programs to the ISTANBUL BIENNIAL

"INVISIBLE ISTANBUL" AR intervention in the Istanbul Biennial
http://www.invisibleistanbul.org/
(In collaboration with PATTU Istanbul)

  "Invisible Istanbul" is the first Augmented Reality (AR) Intervention
into the Istanbul Biennial, using GPS positioning to place virtual
artworks within the real physical space of Istanbul and the Biennial,
creating surrealistic and poetic juxtapositions between real and virtual
within the context of the hidden urban dynamics of Istanbul.

"NOT THERE", Kasa Gallery, Sabanci U. Karakoy Comm. Center
http://isea2011.sabanciuniv.edu/other-event/not-there

  "Not There" is an exhibition of AR artworks from the Manifest.AR
Venice Biennial 2011 AR Intervention still viewable at the Venice
Biennial. The exhibition is a partnership with the exhibit „Not Here,“
taking place at the Samek Art Gallery, Bucknell University, Lewisburg
PA/USA, and with the Leonardo Electronic Almanac (Leonardo/ISAST).

Flyer:
http://manifestarblog.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/not-there_flyer.pdf

Presentations and AR Tours in Istanbul For the latest updates see:

ISEA artist's page: http://isea2011.sabanciuniv.edu/.thiel
Twitter: http://twitter.com/tamikothiel

- 5-8pm, Wednesday Sept. 14
   (12 minute presentation of artworks)
   Istanbul Art Market and Int'l Networking Event (Bosphorus boat tour)

- 1-3pm, Sunday Sept. 18
  "Not There", Kasa Gallery, Karakoy Communication Center

- 4-6pm, Sunday Sept. 18
  "Invisible Istanbul" (walking tour)
Meet at cafe in front of Antrepot5/Sanat Limani, in the Istanbul
Biennial/Istanbul Modern area (look for the yellow "Invisible Istanbul"
logo). Tours will begin there and proceed through the neighborhoods of
Galata and Karaköy.

Or by appointment:

Tamiko Thiel (In Istanbul from 11th-22nd September)
tamiko at alum.mit.edu <mailto:tamiko at alum.mit.edu>
http://mission-base.com/tamiko/
mobiles:  +90-543-868-3531 (Turkish), +49-162-2952698 (German)

Concurrent exhibits in Italy and the USA:

VENICE BIENNIAL AR INTERVENTION (on view until November 27th, 2011)
In June I spearheaded the Manifest.AR cyberartist group intervention at
the Venice Biennial 2011. We placed AR artworks in Piazza San Marco and
in the closed curatorial space of the Giardini, including my memorial to
Christoph Schlingensief in the German Pavilion, winner of the Golden
Lion for best national pavilion.

Documentation of my artworks:
http://manifestarblog.wordpress.com/thiel_venice-2011/

General information and links to all projects:
http://manifestarblog.wordpress.com/venice2011/

"NOT HERE"   (until Nov. 27, 2011)
Samek Art Gallery
Bucknell University, Lewisburg, PA, USA
http://www.bucknell.edu/x70622.xml (read Jon Ippolito's review)

DUMBO Arts Festival, Brooklyn, NYC (Sept. 23-25, 2011)
My works are under the Manhattan Bridge and Brooklyn Bridge
(websites still under construction)
http://dumboartsfestival.com/events/virtual-pavillions-shades-of-absence-public-voids/

http://manifestarblog.wordpress.com/manifest-ar-the-dumbo-arts-festival-2011/

MANIFEST.AR t-shirts and accessories: