[rohrpost] MOVING_IMAGE #6 | dial H-I-S-T-O-R-Y, in the presence of Johan Grimonprez | Wednesday March 13, 7.30PM at Gaîté lyrique

Les Rencontres Internationales info at art-action.org
Fre Mar 8 17:49:24 CET 2013

For those who are in Paris next week...
We hope to meet you at the upcoming screening of "MOVING_IMAGE - a
contemporary ABC", on Wednesday March 13, at Gaîté lyrique.
For the 6th session, MOVING_IMAGE proposes a screening about the notion
of "Film Footage", in the presence of Johan Grimonprez. To reuse,
hijack, and re-interpret images as critical approach and way to
investigate on our own culture and history. With many examples through
cinema and documentary history, this practice has been renewed by
avant-gardes and contemporary art. This screening is dedicated to Johan
Grimonprez' work, whose approach entirely refers to this notion, and
interests cinema as well as contemporary art.

@ GAÎTÉ LYRIQUE
3 bis rue Papin - 75003 Paris

| WEDNESDAY MARCH 13 |
| 7.30PM |

"F FOR FOOTAGE"

A screening about reuse, hijack and re-interpretation of pre-existing
images,
Screening of the acclaimed film "dial H-I-S-T-O-R-Y (original version
with French subtitles, exp. documentary, 68', Belgium/France, 1997),
preceded by a presentation by Johan Grimonprez of his new film "The
Shadow World", and screening of a video excerpt, in French Première.

The screening will be followed by a discussion with the artist.

http://www.gaite-lyrique.net/evenement/f-comme-footage
http://www.gaite-lyrique.net/cycle/moving-image-un-abecedaire-contemporain