[rohrpost] Berlin Series of Art Talks incorporating the Saas Fee "White Mountain" legacy

Geert Lovink geert at desk.nl
Son Okt 11 08:41:31 CEST 2015

I'm giving a series of talks which will include my archeology of Wolfgang Schirmacher's (R)EVOLUTION IN SAAS FEE  <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-paul-streitfeld/the-event-in-saas-fee-bad_b_5737080.html>
as it pertains to a global art movement I have been tracking since I began writing newspaper art criticism in 1997.

This personal pinnacle was reflected in my experience of BERLIN ART WEEK 2015, which I reviewed for the Huffington Post.

It was published today at the following link:

  http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-paul-streitfeld/art-week-in-berlin_b_8175706.html <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-paul-streitfeld/art-week-in-berlin_b_8175706.html>

The talks are being sponsored by the most exciting "art market subversive" project in Berlin:

Organization for the Democratization of the Visual Arts, launched by David Hadmann, founder of the Meet-up Berlin Art Lovers Group <http://www.meetup.com/Berlin-Art-Lovers/messages/boards/thread/45821502>.

The link for the talks:

14 October
http://odbk.dhadmann.com/index.php/events/making-sense-of-berlin-art-week/ <http://odbk.dhadmann.com/index.php/events/making-sense-of-berlin-art-week/>
this is programmed for the 14th of October.

21 October
http://odbk.dhadmann.com/index.php/events/reunified-berlin-as-backdrop-to-a-21st-century-art-movement/ <http://odbk.dhadmann.com/index.php/events/reunified-berlin-as-backdrop-to-a-21st-century-art-movement/>
programmed for the 21th of October

The final talk is from a paper I delivered to the Wroclaw 2013 "Sustainable Art" Conference, which is being published this month.
It applies the Saas Fee collaborative "Conversion" philosophy <https://hermeneuticsofnewmodernism.wordpress.com/> arising out of Schirmacher's laboratory to Berlin's reunification

9 November
http://odbk.dhadmann.com/index.php/events/the-conversion-of-east-berlin-and-the-impact-on-art/ <http://odbk.dhadmann.com/index.php/events/the-conversion-of-east-berlin-and-the-impact-on-art/>

The format will be a slide show presentation followed by discussion.  If you are in Berlin at any of these times, please stop by and contribute!

Best Wishes,

Lisa Paul Streitfeld <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-paul-streitfeld/>

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-paul-streitfeld/ <http://www.huffingtonpost.com/lisa-paul-streitfeld/>
The European Graduate School
Division of Philosophy, Art & Critical Thought
Alter Kehr 20, CH-3953 Leuk-Stadt
T: +41 (0)27 474 9917
F: +41 (0)27 474 9918
http://www.egs.edu <http://www.egs.edu/> <>