[rohrpost] -°*°- TODAY : Directors Lounge Screening - Urban Research Special - Topophilia -°*°-

richfilm productions office at richfilm.de
Do Jun 30 15:17:43 CEST 2016

Directors Lounge Screening
Urban Research Special
Topophilia - Landscapes and Harbours

Thursday, 30 June 2016
21:00
Z-Bar
Bergstraße 2
10115 Berlin-Mitte

Two shorts and one feature about the interference
of the technical world of shipping and oil with
landscapes and the city. Twice the Port of Los
Angeles is the starting point for visual
exploration. One goes up north along the
Trans-Alaska Pipeline, the other examines the
harbor at night. The harbor of Veracruz on the
other hand is the place for a histographical
reconsideration of the Mexican harbor from a very
personal point of view.

Topophilia by Peter Bo Rapmund surveys the
800-mile length of the Trans-Alaska Pipeline, and
travels alongside the conduit as it bobs above
and underground from the Prudhoe Bay oil fields
to its terminus at Valdez. The extreme linearity
and continuity of the pipeline acts as a pivot
point to reorganize the landscape and offers new
and idiosyncratic ways to visually reconsider
topography. The film confronts the extreme beauty
of the North-American landscape with the
seemingly safe infrastructure of oil transport.

Veracruz Without Ship by Teresa Delgado & Jakob
Kirchheim. A documentary melodrama with
privatizations and without lovers. A poetic walk
through Veracruz, port of European exiles and
Mexican oil, of melodrama and of the rhythm
danzón. // Since 1938 Lázaro Cárdenas government
offered political asylum to thousands of Spanish
republicans who were fleeing war and persecution.
They arrived to the port of Veracruz, unreachable
paradise for the defeated who could not leave
Spain. We revisit this myth of the grandparents
and confront it with the present in 2014. In this
year the PRI government is opening the doors to
private investment of multinationals in a natural
resource which Mexicans consider their own: oil.
Oil plays an important role in the Gulf of Mexico
and Mexican oil was nationalized by Cárdenas
government in 1938.

Port Noir by Laura Kraning. Within the machine
landscape of Terminal Island, the textural strata
of a 100 year old boat shop provides a glimpse
into Los Angeles Harbor's disappearing past.
Often recast as a backdrop for fictional crime
dramas, the scenic details of the last boatyard
evoke imaginary departures and a hidden world at
sea.

Artist Link:
http://www.peterborappmund.name/
https://peterborappmund.exposure.co/
http://www.laurakraning.com
http://www.jakob-kirchheim.de/
http://www.agencia-tess.de

Links:
Directors Lounge  http://www.directorslounge.net
Richfilm  http://www.richfilm.de/currentUpload/
Z-Bar  http://www.z-bar.de

Program addition:
We are deeply mourning the loss of our close friend Claudia Guilino
and will show two videos by her

Stony Sleep  6 min 24s  2011
Abgesang, kupferfarben 3 min 52s 2009

Claudia Guilino was part of the Directors Lounge family from the
early days, supporting our project with love and enthusiasm. Claudia
passed away on June 26. She will be deeply missed.

Team Directors Lounge
--
richfilm productions, Klaus W. Eisenlohr, Osnabrücker Str. 25, D-10589 Berlin

eMail Adresse: 		office at richfilm.de
Homepage !!!		http://www.kw-eisenlohr.de
Film Produktion:		http://www.richfilm.de

Telefon:			int.- 49 - (0)30 - 3409 5343 (BERLIN)