[rohrpost] Electronic music pioneer Eugeniusz Rudnik @Easterndaze x Berlin On Screen Thursday, Oct. 6, 2016 Lichtblick Kino, with director Zuzanna Solakiewicz

Natalie Gravenor gravenor at eyzmedia.de
Mi Okt 5 12:07:53 CEST 2016

15 Corners of the World (experimental homage to Eugeniusz Rudnik, head
of the Experimental Studio of Polish Radio)

PL 2014 Dir. Zuzanna Solakiewicz 76 min

Eugeniusz Rudnik revolutionized the idea of music itself with a pair of
scissors and a magnetic tape. As part of the legendary Experimental
Studio of Polish Radio, he revealed hidden value in rough and rejected
sounds long before the rise of the DJs. In an era of  electronic music
created in a workshop resembling a scientific lab, he composed music to
reach and to portray other human beings. 15 Corners of the World is an
attempt to hear the vision of his music. Following the rhythms of
architecture, the human body, and the throbbing pulse of nature we
discover a new reality. We touch the sound. Moving images reveal a
miracle that emerged in the age of tape recorders and disappeared with
the advent of computers. They express the wonder of the analogue era –
the urge to experiment, to discover new territory, explore the
borderlands, and constantly search for new means of expression.

guests: Zuzanna Solakiewicz, Zvika Gregory Portnoy (cinematographer)

Thursday, Oct. 6., 8 p.m.

Lichtblick Kino | Kastanienallee 77 | 10435 Berlin

EUR 6.50/conc. EUR 5.50

berlin.easterndaze.net

--
EYZ Media GmbH