[rohrpost] FUGITIVE BELONGING am 7.6. > Netz- und Migrationsdiskurse

Krystian Woznicki kw at berlinergazette.de
Mi Mai 23 11:12:25 CEST 2018

Hallo rohrpostler,

ich würde Euch gerne zu dem Launch von FUGITIVE BELONGING am
7.6. (Donnerstag) um 20:30 Uhr im Buchladen "pro qm" einladen.

Das Buch denkt Netz- und Migrationsdiskurse zusammen, die ja
häufig genug getrennt voneinander betrachtet werden. Beim
Launch wollen wir darüber mit allen diskutieren.

Nähere Info unten. Hier auch der Link zum Event:
http://pro-qm.de/fugitive-belonging-e

Viele Grüße,

Krystian

--

*Out Now*

Krystian Woznicki
FUGITIVE BELONGING

256 pages | 14 × 21 cm | paperback | English
DIAMONDPAPER 2018 | ISBN 978-3-9817925-2-2 | 20 €
Shop & more info: https://diamondpaper.net/title_27

*Launch*

June 7, 8:30 p.m. | Krystian Woznicki with Max Haiven (Lakehead
University), Albiol Lual Deng (Université de Paris-Sorbonne) and
Jennifer Kamau (International Women Space) | pro qm, Almstadtstraße
48-50, 10119 Berlin | in English

*About*

In an environment of ever-accelerating political tectonic shifts,
FUGITIVE BELONGING takes two politicizing events as its starting points:
the “Summer of Snowden” (2013) and the “Summer of Migration” (2015). The
two events have thus far been received and discussed as separate
phenomena despite many quite obvious links (e.g., Snowden as a refugee).
This book now explores the hidden links between them as embedded in the
crisis of the state and the crisis of citizenship.

In attempting to come to a deeper understanding of what the two
historical events reveal about our predicament, FUGITIVE BELONGING
shifts our attention to the following questions: What does it mean to be
political today? And what does it mean to belong? By interlacing
photography and writing, Krystian Woznicki explores how we can expand
our horizon beyond memes such as “the refugee crisis” or “the
surveillance state”. As an experiment on re-defining citizenship his
book discloses what we all have in common: something that emerges when
the dichotomy between the excluded and the included is contested, and
when the conflicts that usually result from that dichotomy are rendered
productive.

*Praise*

“A terrific book. The merging of photography and extraordinarily timely
writing is done so well, and I especially think that the organization of
the writing into brief essayistic blasts that are then constellated so
meaningfully makes the relationship – the changing relationships – among
text and photographic image seem so alive to the moment.”
David Grubbs, composer, poet and scholar, author of “Now that the
audience is assembled”

“The theme of the book – multiplicity, big data, contact – is more than
a theme. It is in fact the ‘key tone’ of the epoch with which the
texts/photographs wonderfully resonate by stimulating processes of
becoming common.”
Jean-Luc Nancy, philosopher, author of “Being Singular Plural”

“For me the main topics of the book are the ambivalence of freedom and
instability, the positive and negative effects of technologies, the rise
of new movements and the ascendancy of new forms of state power. The
book shows how this has become relevant not only for understanding the
world we live in but also for the the newfound struggle over political
agency and belonging.”
Eiji Oguma, sociologist, activist and filmmaker, author of “Tell the
Prime Minister”

*Author*

Krystian Woznicki is a critic and photographer. He is the author of “A
Field Guide to the Snowden Files” (with Magdalena Taube), “After the
Planes” (with Brian Massumi) and “Wer hat Angst vor Gemeinschaft?” (with
Jean-Luc Nancy), all published by Diamondpaper. His first book
“Abschalten. Paradiesproduktion, Massentourismus und Globalisierung” was
published by Kadmos. He is the co-founder of Berliner Gazette
(http://berlinergazette.de).

*Credits*

FUGITIVE BELONGING has been conceived in the context of “Signals”, a
project by Berliner Gazette e. V. which was funded by the Capital
Cultural Fund. The book is published in conjunction with “Signals. An
Exhibition of the Snowden Files in Art, Media and Archives”, September
12-November 1, 2017, at Diamondpaper Studio, curated by Magdalena Taube
and Krystian Woznicki. More info: http://berlinergazette.de/signals

BG – Berliner Gazette | since 1999 | http://berlinergazette.de

DOCU OF LATEST BG PROJECTS:

FRIENDLY FIRE – BG Annual Conference 2017
https://berlinergazette.de/friendly-fire

SIGNALS – Exhibition of the Snowden Files
http://berlinergazette.de/signals

BG BOOKS OUT NOW @ DP:

FUGITIVE BELONGING
https://diamondpaper.net/title_27