[rohrpost] Giga Hertz-award (honorary mention) for my installation REFLEXION @ZKM Karlsruhe (Germany)

claudia robles post at claudearobles.de
Mo Nov 21 10:23:00 CET 2022

Dear friends and colleagues,

I am pleased to announce that my installation *REFLEXION - In Sync/Out
of Sync- *has been awarded a honorary mention by the
*Giga-Hertz-Award* at ZKM Center for Art and Media Karlsruhe (Germany),
a world-renowned prize for electronic music and sound art.

As part of a two-day event, the installation will be exhibited at ZKM.
If you happen to be around, I'd would love to meet you there!

*Claudia Robles-Angel*
*
*
*REFLEXION - In Sync / Out of Sync-*
<http://s751373519.online.de/reflexion-in-sync-out-of-sync>

is a sound and light installation that invites 2x visitors (e.g.
couples) to experiment together with their heart-rates. By measuring
both heartbeats, the goals of the installation consists of, firstly,
participants concentrating to pursue the synchronisation of their
heartbeats, and secondly, to reflect thereafter upon the inner
pulsations of their own bodies and the possibilities of harmony (in
sync) or disharmony (out of sync) between two people. Sound and light
follow and mirror the different situations of synchronisation
/non-synchronisation.
*Saturday 26. November *11 am - 9:30 pm

*Sunday 27. November* 11 am - 7 pm

Overview of the program and more info:
https://zkm.de <https://zkm.de/>

*      ACADEMIC ARTICLE (in book) ABOUT THE INSTALLATION *

*/Web-Mindscape and REFLEXION – In Sync/Out of Sync –: Biofeedback and
Physical Computing in Interactive New Media Art/*

Authors:  Robles-Angel C., Gernemann-Paulsen A., Seifert U.

*In Wölfel M., Bernhardt J., Thiel S. (eds) ArtsIT, Interactivity and
Game Creation. ArtsIT 2021: *

https://link.springer.com/chapter/10.1007/978-3-030-95531-1_2
<https://claudearobles.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2aee47058782e6b431b8c3f33&id=52d30e93b5&e=6028d48861>
–––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––

*         ARTICLE (in blog online) ABOUT THE INSTALLATION (in German) *

*/‘’Special is the attention being paid to the other person, whether
they may already be known to you or be a stranger.’’ /*

With this sentence Leonie Pietrovicci summarises in her great article at
‘LeFlash - Kulturblog’  the main intention of the installation.

To read the complete article:  ‘LeFlash’
<https://claudearobles.us9.list-manage.com/track/click?u=2aee47058782e6b431b8c3f33&id=b025d1f61b&e=6028d48861>

best wishes,

*Claudia Robles-Angel*
www.claudearobles.de <http://www.claudearobles.de/>