[spectre] spectre] announcements or not

Lorenzo Taiuti Lorenzo Taiuti" <md3169@mclink.it
Tue, 28 Aug 2001 17:40:42 +0200

Messaggio in formato MIME composto da piy parti.

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C12FE8.8F6BA840

I think Adele got a real point: the relatiosnship between quantity and =
quality in a List.
Yes i agree with Adele when she speaks about a "quiet" list.
Many lists are still too much the containersof an indiscriminated =
"euphoria" of comunication.
That means in term of attention a serious difficulty to follow the few =
interesting issues coming out.
Let's make a "Quiet" list.
Ciao
Lorenzo Taiuti

Adele Eisenstein wrote
hello all,
just to add a voice of support to Annick's position on having
announcements a part of the list, I agree -
the announcements have also always been important to me, to see what
activities are going on in the region, where there is room for
collaboration, and there are even occasionally reports afterwards, as =
well
as discussion....
- and by the way, these announcements also sometimes have motivated
various members of the list to join others at those various events - =
live,
face to face -

Geert, perhaps the list was quiet sometimes, but i don't really need
constant noise all the time either....
i for one don't really feel that having announcements on the list (even
the greater part ofthe content of the list) amounted to a problem of
Syndicate...
i actually liked the old Syndicate...

best to all,
Adele

On Tue, 28 Aug 2001, Annick Bureaud wrote:
> Well, it seems however that I am not the only one interested in the
> announcements and thinking they are part of the discussion. +, if ones
> doesn't care of the others "bread and butter" (this was a term =
proposed
> by Eric I think), that is a bit problematic. I also said that the
> announcements are part of who we are, it is in this respect that I
> reused the term "bread and butter",  if you don't care about that, it
> also means you don't care about me, which I feel a strange departure =
for
> a new list, not caring about who the others are.
> Anyway....
> Annick

------=_NextPart_000_000F_01C12FE8.8F6BA840

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><STRONG>I think Adele got a real point: the relatiosnship between =
quantity=20
and quality in a List.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Yes i agree with Adele when she speaks about a "quiet"=20
list.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Many lists are still too much the containersof an =
indiscriminated=20
"euphoria" of comunication.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>That means in term of attention a serious difficulty to =
follow the=20
few interesting issues coming out.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Let's make a "Quiet" list.</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Ciao</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>Lorenzo Taiuti</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV><STRONG>&nbsp;</DIV></STRONG>
<DIV><STRONG>Adele Eisenstein wrote</STRONG></DIV>
<DIV>hello all,<BR>just to add a voice of support to Annick's position =
on=20
having<BR>announcements a part of the list, I agree -<BR>the =
announcements have=20
also always been important to me, to see what<BR>activities are going on =
in the=20
region, where there is room for<BR>collaboration, and there are even=20
occasionally reports afterwards, as well<BR>as discussion....<BR>- and =
by the=20
way, these announcements also sometimes have motivated<BR>various =
members of the=20
list to join others at those various events - live,<BR>face to face=20
-<BR><BR>Geert, perhaps the list was quiet sometimes, but i don't really =

need<BR>constant noise all the time either....<BR>i for one don't really =
feel=20
that having announcements on the list (even<BR>the greater part ofthe =
content of=20
the list) amounted to a problem of<BR>Syndicate...<BR>i actually liked =
the old=20
Syndicate...<BR><BR>best to all,<BR>Adele<BR><BR><BR><BR>On Tue, 28 Aug =
2001,=20
Annick Bureaud wrote:<BR>&gt; Well, it seems however that I am not the =
only one=20
interested in the<BR>&gt; announcements and thinking they are part of =
the=20
discussion. +, if ones<BR>&gt; doesn't care of the others "bread and =
butter"=20
(this was a term proposed<BR>&gt; by Eric I think), that is a bit =
problematic. I=20
also said that the<BR>&gt; announcements are part of who we are, it is =
in this=20
respect that I<BR>&gt; reused the term "bread and butter",&nbsp; if you =
don't=20
care about that, it<BR>&gt; also means you don't care about me, which I =
feel a=20
strange departure for<BR>&gt; a new list, not caring about who the =
others=20
are.<BR>&gt; Anyway....<BR>&gt;=20
Annick<BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR><BR>_______=