[spectre] Call for Submissions to 5th Annual Subtle Technologies Conference

Jim Ruxton cinetron@passport.ca
Thu, 29 Nov 2001 01:42:52 -0500

------=_NextPart_000_0136_01C17877.29094800

"Call for Submissions to "Subtle Technologies 2002"

Subtle Technologies Conference
May 9,10,11,12 2002
University of Toronto,
Toronto Ont.
Canada

We are currently inviting speakers to present at the fifth annual Subtle
Technologies Conference in Toronto.

The Subtle Technologies Conference is an opportunity for scientists and
artists to come together and share each others language in those areas =
which
are still searching for definitions, explanations and meaning. This
conference explores the discoveries made by artists and scientists. We =
are
looking for speakers to provide a global perspective on the exploration =
of
subtle phenomena and its representations. Approaches that go beyond
mainstream theories and would be considered controversial are welcome.  =
Some
of the topics which we are interested in having represented by =
scientists
and artists include but are not limited to: consciousness research, =
quantum
physics including quantum computing and other unconventional computing
technologies, holographic modeling, mathematical explorations including
neural networks and fuzzy systems, biomagnetics, alternative energy =
systems,
chaos theory, genetics, sonic explorations, bioenergy, pharmacology,
theories of cosmology, neurobiology, sensing systems and devices,
cybernetics, and artificial intelligence.
It is our goal to have a varied program to provide a forum for the cross
pollination of ideas. Presentations will be 50 minutes long including
questions. An honorarium will be offered to all speakers. Since the =
audience
will be from diverse backgrounds the presentation should be accessible =
to a
general audience. Please send a brief one page abstract of the topic you
would like to present to the co-ordinates listed below. If you have any
questions, feel free to contact us. If you know any one who would be
interested in speaking, please pass this invitation along to them. The
deadline for submissions is December 21 2001. The Subtle Technologies
This conference is sponsored by the Canada Council for the Arts and =
Toronto Arts
Council.

Contact Co-ordinates
Jim Ruxton
Home (416)535-4405
Work (416)927-7679
Email cinetron@passport.ca
Address 258 Salem Avenue
Toronto, On M6H 3C7
Canada
http://www.subtletechnologies.com

------=_NextPart_000_0136_01C17877.29094800

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV>"Call for Submissions to "Subtle Technologies 2002"<BR><BR>Subtle=20
Technologies Conference<BR>May 9,10,11,12 2002<BR>University of Toronto,
<DIV>Toronto&nbsp;Ont.<BR>Canada<BR><BR><BR>We are currently inviting =
speakers=20
to present at the fifth annual Subtle<BR>Technologies Conference in=20
Toronto.<BR><BR>The Subtle Technologies Conference is an opportunity for =

scientists and<BR>artists to come together and share each others =
language in=20
those areas which<BR>are still searching for definitions, explanations =
and=20
meaning. This<BR>conference explores the discoveries made by artists and =

scientists. We are<BR>looking for speakers to provide a global =
perspective on=20
the exploration of<BR>subtle phenomena and its representations. =
Approaches that=20
go beyond<BR>mainstream theories and would be considered controversial =
are=20
welcome.&nbsp; Some<BR>of the topics which we are interested in having=20
represented by scientists<BR>and artists include but are not limited to: =

consciousness research, quantum<BR>physics including quantum computing =
and other=20
unconventional computing<BR>technologies, holographic modeling, =
mathematical=20
explorations including<BR>neural networks and fuzzy systems, =
biomagnetics,=20
alternative energy systems,<BR>chaos theory, genetics, sonic =
explorations,=20
bioenergy, pharmacology,<BR>theories of cosmology, neurobiology, sensing =
systems=20
and devices,<BR>cybernetics, and artificial intelligence.<BR>It is our =
goal to=20
have a varied program to provide a forum for the cross<BR>pollination of =
ideas.=20
Presentations will be 50 minutes long including<BR>questions. An =
honorarium will=20
be offered to all speakers. Since the audience<BR>will be from diverse=20
backgrounds the presentation should be accessible to a<BR>general =
audience.=20
Please send a brief one page abstract of the topic you<BR>would like to =
present=20
to the co-ordinates listed below. If you have any<BR>questions, feel =
free to=20
contact us. If you know any one who would be<BR>interested in speaking, =
please=20
pass this invitation along to them. The<BR>deadline for submissions is =
December=20
21 2001. The Subtle Technologies<BR>This conference is sponsored by the =
Canada=20
Council for the Arts and Toronto Arts<BR>Council.<BR><BR>Contact=20
Co-ordinates<BR>Jim Ruxton<BR>Home (416)535-4405<BR>Work =
(416)927-7679<BR>Email=20
<A =
href=3D"mailto:cinetron@passport.ca">cinetron@passport.ca</A><BR>Address =
258=20
Salem Avenue<BR>Toronto, On M6H 3C7<BR>Canada<BR><A=20
href=3D"http://www.subtletechnologies.com">http://www.subtletechnologies.=
com</A><BR><BR></DIV></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0136_01C17877.29094800--