[spectre] Re: [Syndicate] a lost lamb...

saul ostrow so5@nyu.edu
Sun, 09 Sep 2001 07:57:45 -0400

furtherfield wrote:

> (a spontaneous poem/prose declaring that re-invention is not always the way
> home. And there are many people who are homeless - physically, mentally as
> well as emotionally. The most lost, are the one1s who hide behind the mask of
> logic, the god of objectivity. The doctor1s knife. For behind that muffled
> disguise is a subjective entity, riddled by the very natural state we know as
> dysfunction. And dysfunction is dare I say it? A kind of truth. Like a self
> lie. Like doubt, like death, birth and of course that thing that we have
> labelled LOVE...)
>
> marc garrett

So let me get this straight if you can recognize such dysfunction and deception
in others , does it mean a) that such an analysis is not applicable to the
person making it, b)  that if one can perceive this state in others,  they  do
not  suffer from such a delusions themselves , c)  that all people need to be
told when such analysis is  applicable to  oneself, d)  that such an analysis is
itself a sign of the very dysfunction  it attributes to  others , e) some of the
above, i) its best not to analyze others unless your willing to analyze
yourself,  f) its a case of the pot calling the kettle black, g) that such
situations lead to bad and self indulgent poetics, h) all of the above i) you
don't know, you just had time on your hands, j) that it is now time for you  to
go to bed and yet a good rest, k) all of the above, l) what's to worry ? not my
problem , m) I thought I was being clever, but now recognize its now time to
scrutinize my own values, ideology and perceptions, announcing that the sky  is falling