[spectre] Terrorist attack in US

Julie bluedahlias@mindspring.com
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 07:49:23 -0700

Dear All:

We just have news reports on television here that 2 airplanes (they may
have been hijacked from Boston) have crashed into the 2 towers of the World
Trade Center in Manhattan, about an hour ago. One of the towers just
collapsed. This was just as the work day began in New York City.

A third plane has crashed into the courtyard of the Pentagon in Washington, DC.

According to television news reports, all airplanes over the United States
have been ordered to land immediately, and airspace over the US been sealed
off. All flights in from Europe have been cancelled. Security around the US
has just been locked down. The television reporters are practically
speechless. George Bush gave a brief speech about not tolerating terrorism,
and headed back to Washington from his visit to Florida.

I pray for the countless numbers of people who have just lost their lives
in these attacks, and for the poor souls on the hijacked planes who may
have known what was to come before it happened.

A moment ago, a car bomb just exploded outside the State Dept. in
Washington, DC.

I pray that the United States, with George Bush at its helm, and the United
States military, do not bomb the shit out of ...

The second tower in the World Trade Center just went down. There is chaos
in the streets of New York.

Please join me in praying that this is not the beginning of the New World
Order, that what artistic, intellectual and physical freedoms that we still
enjoy are not destroyed by the consequences of these events. Please join me
in praying for tolerance, and for the protection of all people of color and
immigrants in the United States, who will immediately be subjected to
scrutiny, and racist violence.

A portion of the Pentagon has just collapsed...

Oh, God, those military fuckers are going to be really mad...

--Julie Blankenship, San Francisco