[spectre] (no subject)

Timothy Druckrey druckrey@interport.net
Tue, 11 Sep 2001 14:27:55 -0400

Jingoism is starting to proliferate though the pundits, experts, and officials calling for massive retaliation. One called this "massive attack terrorism" and warned that the possibility of chemical/bio was not yet clear or impossible. It make the dust seem all the more ominous.

I hope we can refrain from attempting to prosecute this event before we conceptualize the human scale of what has happened. These buildings could have 40,000 people in offices and a huge shopping mall and subway system beneath. What we continue to see are the repetitive replays of the crash of the second jet and the pandemonium in the streets.

Substantive reports about casualties, deaths, survivors, are probably premature, but will be ghastly. Though health and human services are fully mobilized, there still seems a sense of paralysis while the smoke slowly clears.

The local TV (still only one that I can get, CBS), has started to find footage that might be making its way to CNN and others. The shots are awful in every sense of the term when you realize the consequences....

Tim