[spectre] Fwd: Lies about Palestinian celebration

Chris Byrne chris@mediascot.org
Fri, 14 Sep 2001 17:15:12 +0100

On the propoganda theme, please see below this message received today. I
can't verify the authenticity of this statement from Palestine, but then
neither can I verify the authenticity of the news footage received by my
television. Welcome to the world of spin.

Chris

>From: info <info@J12.org>
>Subject: Lies about Palestinian celebration
>Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2001 10:39:32 +0100
>
>Please pass far and wide. Not sure where this message originated, but it
>came through the USAS (United Students Against Sweatshops) website...
>
>Subject: [usas] Fwd:  Palestinians Celebrating?
>
>Please read the letter below from a Palestinian student.  How is
>everyone handling this?  Progressive Students for Justice, Fordham's
>usas affiliate, had an emergency meeting to talk and see what we could
>do.  About a 1,000 students gave blood today.  We discussed forming an
>emergency committee to help mobilize other campus groups and students to
>do whatever we can to support the victims and families/friends of
>victims, and prevent hostility to Arab students. We don't know
>specifically what we can do yet.
>
>From:  MATHIEZ@fordham.edu
>Date:  Wed Sep 12, 2001  12:01 pm
>Subject:  [iipes01] Vivian
>
>I hope and pray that your family, friends, and co-workers are all safe.
>This e-mail is from a friend of mine in Palestine.  I think that her
>message is important for us to hear- especially in reguards to the
>withdrawal of Isreali soliders in Jenin.  As you all know, this summer I
>studied with students in the Middle East and Balkans. They are all VERY
>supportive and concerned--Jewishs, Arabs -- everyone.  My prayer are
>with you all.
>
>Peace
>
>Cristin
>

>my dear friends ,
>
>I express to you ,my american friends, my profound sorrow and my
>closeness in prayer for all victims at this horrible and tragic moment.i
>really feel sorry for all the world,i feel sorry for us,HUMAN beings.
>we are not human any more,we are animals!!!! i feel outraged and angry
>for this aggression against humanity!!!it is really horrible,the world
>that we are living in!!!! it is a jungle where animals eat each other
>for survival!!! under the bombing of the bethlehem Area,palestinains
>were stuck in front of TV ,watching the horrible inhuman attack while
>hearing the bombs falling around! how would they behave??? Palestinians
>are confused and desperate ...Palestinains are not celebrating the death
>of people....i have tears in my eyes now because of the horrible image
>you are getting from news!!! it is wrong...i am begging you, my friends,
>not to believe what you see......Palestinians were celebrating the
>withdrawal of the Israeli army from the palestinian city,jenin!!! that
>was it! we are being attacked every day...my Best friends' house was
>bombard at two minutes from where i stay at bethlehem....believe me,i
>don't want to talk about my suffering as much as i want to talk about
>the suffering of all human beings around the globe of whom we don't know
>very well....!!!!!!! Palestinian groups denounced and condemned the
>attack ...reminding you that our struggle is against Occupation and
> [...]

New Media Scotland                 tel: +44 131 477 3774
P.O. Box 23434, Edinburgh EH7 5SZ  fax: +44 131 477 3775
Scotland, UK                    http://www.mediascot.org