[spectre] Frankensteins Netz / Prométhée Numérique / Wiretapping the beast

Sabine Breitsameter sbreitsameter@berlin.snafu.de
Sun, 24 Feb 2002 09:49:42 +0100

Frankensteins Netz / Prométhée Numérique / Wiretapping the beast
by Atau Tanaka

http://www.frankensteins-netz.de
http://www.promethee-numerique.net

Kreatur is a being living across the web. It takes on a body of
various media: text, sound, image. We can feed it, we can try to
touch it, but in the end, it is intangible. It is alive, but it
exists nowhere. Its organs are a relational database, its bones are
texts from Mary Shelley, Aeschylus, Goethe, La Mettrie, Haraway. The
sounds and images are yours.

Kreatur has a life cycle that started on 20.02.2002. It will perform
live one month later. We will together nourish Kreatur of sound and
image in anticipation of the performance.

We will perform with Kreatur, connecting from Karlsruhe Germany,
Montreal Canada, Ogaki Japan. Those in local space can attend. Those
in Mittel-europe radio space can tune in. Those in netspace can log
in. It is a musical composition that manifests itself differently in
each of these different infrastructures. And of course is open to
Kreatur's whims!

Composition and realisation : Atau Tanaka
Artifical network character design : Antoine Schmitt
Media database server : Peter Hanappe
Visual design : Gregory Pignot
Recitation of literary texts: Christiane Bachschmidt and Steve Karier
Live with : Atau Tanaka, Zack Settel, Reiko A. and i.d.
Dramatic director / producer : Sabine Breitsameter

Performance: March 23, 2002, 00.05 a.m. CET at ZKM Karlsruhe
Live Broadcast on: March 23, 2002, 00.05 a.m. on SWR2,
DeutschlandradioBerlin, Ö1, DRS and others.
Live-Stream available

More information : http://www.swr2.de/audiohyperspace

Production : SWR
In co-production with : ZKM / Deutschlandradio Berlin / Radio-Canada
Montréal Chaîne Culturelle / Goethe-Institute Montreal
/Goethe-Institute Tokyo /Intermedium2