[spectre] Artists in Dialogue: Submissions Call

marianna ellenberg mellenbe@hotmail.com
Sat, 08 Jun 2002 17:38:28 -0400

Contact information: Marianna Ellenberg, mellenbe@hotmail.com or Erika=20
Biddle, ebartefact@hotmail.com

SUBMISSIONS CALL:
Artists in Dialogue is a multi-media arts series curated by Marianna=20
Ellenberg and Erika Biddle, that was born out of a seemingly unending=20
conversation on the exchange between narrative, formal experimentation an=
d=20
socio-political context in contemporary art. Our idea of art is an all=20
inclusive one, focusing on he exchange of ideas between makers and consci=
ous=20
of the particularity of the medium.  This series will ultimately  include=
:=20
film, video, digital works, music, and performance. Our first event will =
be=20
held in early August, focusing on gender-related experimental film and vi=
deo=20
works, by artists based in New York and London. The screening will take=20
place at Praxis, a collective artists space in Fort Green, Brooklyn. Plea=
se=20
email us at mellenbe@hotmail .com or ebartefact@hotmail.com, if you have =
any=20
questions.
Send all submissions to:
Marianna Ellenberg
98 Graham Ave, apt #2, Brooklyn, NY 11206.
Please include a self-addressed stamped envelope. If you would like the t=
ape=20
to be returned to you.
Submissions Due: July 6
Submissions Format: VHS, DV (NTSC preferred,but we can screen PAL or SECA=
M).
Scheduled Screening Date: August 3, 9pm.

Artists in Dialogue:
Me and You, you and me:altered bodies conversing in motion.
We begin from the space of infantile squirming, on a journey through the=20
mediums of film, visual arts,digital arts, literature, music and dance.=20
Dripping with viscous ideas, armed with grass roots ethics, we wage a min=
or=20
squabble against all things commercial, industrial, corporate, and=20
mega-super-conglomerate.
=97conversations on, about,and across the body
=97a forum for dialogue and exchange, separate from institutions and acad=
emies
=97a community built in the age of cyberspace, global and
  intimate at the same time.

Launch August 3 2002 . This launch of our proposed series was born from a=
=20
continued conversation on the feminine/feminist/female body in contempora=
ry=20
art, and its various mythologies.

The organizers
Marianna Ellenberg works as an assistant editor on PBS documentaries and =
has=20
shown her experimental films at Ocularis Film Series and Milennium Film=20
Workshop in NYC.

Erika Biddle has just completed her MFA from the School of Visual Arts in=
=20
video art; her videos have been shown in London and New York. Her MFA the=
sis=20
exhibition will be held at White Box in August. At other times, she is a=20
freelance editor and writer for print and internet publications, includin=
g=20
Untitled and Arcade Project.