[spectre] Now Open to Entries; Art on the Net 2002 --- "9.11"

you minowa mcmogatk@po.sphere.ne.jp
Mon, 24 Jun 2002 10:12:32 +0200

Art on the Net 2002
"9.11"
Now Open to Entries

Since 1995, Machida City Museum of Graphic Arts, Tokyo (MCMOGATK),
has been sponsoring the world's first Internet art and web contents
open competition, "Art on the Net," exploring the potentials of the
Internet as a medium of art. Twenty countries were represented in
the "Art on the Net 2001 -- Post-Cagian Interactive Sounds,"  and
the prizes went to Estonian and Netherlandish artists. In the past
seven years since its first show, "Art on the Net 1995," over 600
entries have been submitted and artists from 40 countries have
participated. Net art entries in each show reflected the cutting-
edge technology of that time. We believe it has been presenting a
completely new status of art created at the the crossroads of art
history, technology and the society.

The theme of the 8th "Art on the Net 2002" is "9.11." We again are
open to any entries that are experimental, that have power to turn
around the conventional concepts of art. This year, we'll take the
system of election by mutual vote --- for further details, please
read our "indroductions" on our website.

Acceptance of the entries, jurying, and exibition are all done on
the Internet. The deadline for the entry is September 20, 2002. For
further information and application procedure, please visit our
website: http://art.by.arena.ne.jp/

We look forward to your entries.

you minowa
--
You Minowa, Curator of Media Arts
Machida City Museum of Graphic Arts, Tokyo

information&comunication channel | for net.broadcasters
http://xchange.re-lab.net  (Xchange)  net.audio network
xchange search/webarchive: http://xchange.re-lab.net/a/