[spectre] March 22/23: interactive radio-internet-performance

Sabine Breitsameter sbreitsameter@berlin.snafu.de
Fri, 22 Mar 2002 02:07:59 +0100

March 23, 2002, 00.05 h CET (night from Friday to Saturday, shortly=20
after midnight)

Listen to

=46rankensteins Netz/Prom=E9th=E9e Num=E9rique/Wiretapping the Beast
by Atau Tanaka

live on air in Middle-Europe radiospace:=20
=20
		SWR2, DLR Berlin, BR2, HR2, MDR2; =D61, NordwestRadio,=20
SR2, SRDRS, WDR3)

live online globally
http://www.frankensteins-netz.de=20
=20
http://www.promethee-numerique.net)

live locally
at the ZKM Karlsruhe/Germany
at the IAMAS in Ogaki-City/=B4Japan
at McGill University, Montreal/Canada

and interact with the Kreatur, a being living across the web. It=20
takes on a body of various media: text, sound, image. We can feed it,=20
we can try to touch it, but in the end, it is intangible. It is=20
alive, but it exists nowhere. Its organs are a relational database,=20
its bones are texts from Mary Shelley, Aeschylus, Goethe, La Mettrie,=20
Haraway. The sounds and images are yours.

Kreatur has a life cycle that started on 20.02.2002. It will perform=20
live on March 23, 00.05 h, CET. Since then we have been together=20
nourishing  Kreatur of sound and image in anticipation as well as=20
during the live performance.

We will perform with Kreatur, connecting from Karlsruhe Germany,=20
Montreal Canada, Ogaki Japan on March 23, 2002, shortly after=20
midnight CET.  It is a musical composition that manifests itself=20
differently in each of these different infrastructures. And of course=20
is open to Kreatur's whims!

Composition and realisation : Atau Tanaka
Artifical network character design : Antoine Schmitt
Media database server : Peter Hanappe
Visual design : Gregory Pignot
Recitation of literary texts: Christiane Bachschmidt and Steve Karier
Live with : Atau Tanaka, Zack Settel, Reiko A. and i.d.
Dramatic director / producer : Sabine Breitsameter

Performance: March 23, 2002, 00.05 a.m. CET at ZKM Karlsruhe
Live Broadcast on: March 23, 2002, 00.05 a.m. on SWR2,=20
DeutschlandradioBerlin, =D61, DRS and others.
Live-Stream available.

More information : http://www.swr2.de/audiohyperspace

Production : SWR
In co-production with : ZKM / Deutschlandradio Berlin / Radio-Canada=20
Montr=E9al Cha=EEne Culturelle / Goethe-Institute Montreal=20
/Goethe-Institute Tokyo /Intermedium2