[spectre] [Psrf] Photostatic Retrograde Archive, no. 37

Lloyd Dunn ll@detritus.net
Fri, 29 Nov 2002 15:22:31 +0100

#  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

now available for download, retrograde release no. 13, december 2002:

PhotoStatic 37

direct download: http://psrf.detritus.net/pdf/p37.pdf (2.7 Mb)

Description. "Production, Not Reproduction."  Inspired by a quote by
20th-century design and photography master L=E1szl=F3 Moholy-Nagy, the
stated theme of this issue is a continuation of the set of ideas that
can even be seen, if dimly, in the first few issues: that of turning
a process intended for reproduction into a device for originating
expressive content. Implicit in this stance, we felt, was a critique
of the commonplace mental sets normally found in the businesses and
institutions where xerox machines and multilith presses found their
homes. We were saying that those who could afford to equip themselves
with such devices lacked the vision to use them well. We felt it was
up to us to apply imagination to the task of using these powerful
communication tools, and finding in them a certain virtuosity. This
quasi-political (or at least socio-critical) attitude is reflected in
the choice of many of the works that appear in this, and preceeding,
issues of the series.

Contributors include. Patrick T, John Eberly, Mike Miskowski, A1
Waste Paper Co., Dr. "Blaster" Al Ackerman, Pier Lfbr, Thomas Wiloch,
Pandora's Mailbox, Jos=E9 Vanden Broucke, Miekal And, Dadata, Eric
Belgum, Neil K Henderson, Jay Neimann, Ge[of Huth], Guy R Beining,
Bob Grumman, Brad Goins, Pascal Uni, Stewart Home, Jim Passin, Joel
Lipman, anon., R Keith Courtney, The Tape-beatles, Thomas Hibbard,
John Kennedy, Serse Luigetti

Project Overview: The Photostatic Retrograde Archive serves as an
electronic repository for a complete collection of PhotoStatic
Magazine, PhonoStatic Cassettes, Retrofuturism, and Psrf, (as well as
related titles). Issues are posted as PDF files, at more or less
regular intervals, in reverse chronological order to form a
chronological mirror image of the original series. When the first
issue, dating from 1983, is finally posted in several year's time,
then this electronic archive will be complete.

issue directory: http://psrf.detritus.net/issues.html

project URL: http://psrf.detritus.net/

--

#  Photostatic Magazine Retrograde Archive : http://psrf.detritus.net/
#  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

blockquote, dl, ul, ol, li { padding-top: 0 ; padding-bottom: 0 }
 --></style><title>[Psrf] Photostatic Retrograde Archive, no.
from the</div>
will remove</div>
13, december 2002:</div>
http://psrf.detritus.net/vii/p37/index.html</div>
http://psrf.detritus.net/pdf/p37.pdf (2.7 Mb)</div>
Reproduction.&quot;&nbsp;<font color=3D"#000000"> Inspired by a quote by
[...]
issues of the series.</font></div>
John Eberly, Mike Miskowski, A1 Waste Paper Co., Dr. "Blaster" Al
Ackerman, Pier Lfbr, Thomas Wiloch, Pandora's Mailbox, Jos=E9 Vanden
Broucke, Miekal And, Dadata, Eric Belgum, Neil K Henderson, Jay
Neimann, Ge[of Huth]</font>,<font color=3D"#000000"> Guy R Beining, Bob
Grumman, Brad Goins, Pascal Uni, Stewart Home, Jim Passin, Joel
Lipman, anon., R Keith Courtney, The Tape-beatles, Thomas Hibbard,
John Kennedy, Serse Luigetti</font></div>
color=3D"#000000"> serves as an electronic repository for a complete
Issues are posted as PDF files, at more or less regular intervals, in
reverse chronological order to form a chronological mirror image of
the original series. When the first issue, dating from 1983, is
finally posted in several year's time, then this electronic archive
will be complete.</font></div>
http://psrf.detritus.net/issues.html</font></div>
http://psrf.detritus.net/</font></div>
<x-sigsep><pre>--
</pre></x-sigsep>
#&nbsp; Photostatic Magazine Retrograde Archive :
http://psrf.detritus.net/</div>