[spectre] [3 8.9] Spectre: she's a model and she's looking good

Lachlan Brown lachlan@london.com
Sat, 30 Nov 2002 09:45:13 +0000

  I thought I'd check in with the hateful Spectre List
as the Netzis of #Nettime# are busy supplying ample
findings regarding the governmentality of internet lists
for my research into the emergence of Internet in culture. Ways of not addressing important and outstanding questions
concerning net culture and webs of interest and intrigue.
I especially like the way subaltern academics are fronting
for the lack of responsibility of their professors. Check
it out.

  I was told that everyone on SPECTRE hated each other
and wondered whether this was the outcome of quite normal
professional jealousies or a sort of self-loathing for
and your complete and utter failure as curators and
artists (though I'd hate to stretch the definition of
artist to include everyone here, lol) to rise to the
challenge of new global media and communications and
provide a critical and creative language that might
represent the broad groundswell of use of Internet
(10% world population) rather than the rather petty
interests of one or two complete and utter plonkers
(Manovitch and Cubitt come to mind as usual).

I'd welcome some opinion as to why 'not.art' failed
and some blame placed at the feet of one or two not.artists
or what we used to call 'pets' of a very few over-salaried 'curators'.

What a public service that would be.

Lachlan

http://www.mail.com/?sr=signup

One click access to the Top Search Engines
http://www.exactsearchbar.com/mailcom