[spectre] zemos98.05_hackitecture / 2003

zemos98.org info@zemos98.org
Tue, 22 Oct 2002 01:59:20 +0200

zemos98.05_hackitecture / 2003

What are we going to do to stop the empire?

zemos98 opens a new section of video [& installations]
city / society / [architecture] / technology:

hackitecture: unsuspected and subversive use of  architectural and urban
elements and systems. Extending the concept of hackitecture we would like to
apply it to many of the resistant / antagonistic tactics developed by new
social movements.
zemos98.05 in collaboration with osfavelados and wewearbuildings puts
forward the concept of hackitecture, connecting the spaces that we inhabit -
and that inhabit us -, social conflicts and technologies, in order to
inspire the presentiation of videos - and other artistic devices - that
develop research about:
a/ new processes and forms of resistance to hegemonic powers, especially to
the new rising empire, and also
b/ new social spaces of liberty, solidarity, creativity and autonomy.

In our preliminary program we are planning on projecting videos about
globalization protests around the world, the Chiapas Media Project, the
border in Tijuana, the Zapatista March, the Immigrants Struggle in Southern
Spain, antigentrification movements, the new urban landscape as a videogame
set [an interactive installation by Pablo de Soto / wewearbuidlings]...
A short selection of works will be showed at the main zemos98 location at El
Viso del Alcor, Sevilla, between january 9th and 12th. All works presented
will be showed in different locations in Sevilla in later dates. The final
program with dates and places is still under construction.

http://www.zemos98.org
http://www.wewearbuildings.cc
http://home.earthlink.net/~osfavela2002