[spectre] Invitation: Prix Ars Electronica 2004, Dec. 17, 2003

Martin Brunnbauer martin.brunnbauer at trimedia.at
Sat Dec 6 14:59:51 CET 2003

Invitation to Our Upcoming Press Conference
Prix Ars Electronica Launches a New Category in 2004

Dear Editor,
More than 21,000 art works submitted by 17,000 participants from 87
countries since the Prix Ars Electronicaâs inception in 1987 have
enabled it to become the most important and successful international
showcase of the best of digital media art. To mark the 25th
anniversary of the Ars Electronica Festival, the Prix Ars Electronica
is expanding its purview by launching a new Digital Communities
category, and is establishing a presence in New York with an awards
ceremony and exhibition there.

This new category focuses on the social relevance of modern
technologies. What can they do to foster social cohesiveness? How do
they nurture and promote democratic structures? What new
possibilities do they open up for the advancement of civil society?
The spectrum of projects suitable for prize consideration is
extremely broad, ranging from flash mobs to learning, gaming or even
fan communities, from eGovernment portals to innovative development
projects in so-called Third World countries. An international jury
will award two Golden Nicas in this new category. At our press
conference, we will present the 2004 Prix Ars Electronica and provide
details about the new Digital Communities category.

Prix Ars Electronica Launches a New Category in 2004
Wednesday, December 17, 2003, 10 AM
RadioKulturhaus - ORF Kulturcafe, Argentinierstra§e 30a, 1040 Vienna

Featured Speakers:
¤	Gerfried Stocker, Artistic Director of Ars Electronica
¤	Christine Schšpf, Artistic Director of Ars Electronica

We respectfully request that you register in advance via eMail
addressed to martin.brunnbauer at trimedia.at.

With Best Wishes,
Gerfried Stocker