[spectre] tate webcasting curator job available

honor honor at va.com.au
Thu Jul 3 18:24:22 CEST 2003

Hi Spectres,

As many of your know, I am soon going to be leaving my job as the
Webcasting Curator at Tate.
I'll be leaving Tate on Bastille day, 14 July, and soon after that I'll
also be leaving London.  Me and Adam Hyde are going to be focussing on our
art project r a d i o q u a l i a <http://www.radioqualia.net> for a little
while, and in particular a project called Radio Astronomy, which explores
the sonic qualities of space.

The job of Webcasting Curator has been advertised, and I just wanted to
post a note about the position here, in case any Spectres were interested,
or know of anybody who would be interested, in applying.

Hope to see many of you soon.

Best wishes

Honor Harger

Tate Webcasting Curator  Job Available

Tate, London, UK
http://www.tate.org.uk

Salary: c.£27,000 pa
Fixed term contract until March 2006
Closing date for appliucations: 14 July 2003.

Job Advertisement

Tate are seeking a new Webcasting Curator.
Since implementing its pilot webcasting programme in May 2000, Tate has
broken much new ground in this field. We were the first visual arts museum
to run a regular programme of live webcasts, and we remain one of the few
to make on-site educational programmes available to an international
audience this way. Hundreds of hours of video and audio material are
accessible via our webcast archive. And because a sound educational
philosophy underpins our work, every webcast is offered free.

Your challenge will be to build on what we've achieved over the last three
years. To maintain our position as pioneers, you will lead on the
programme's development in close collaboration with our Digital Programmes
and Interpretation & Education teams. You will take personal responsibility
for managing the live webcasts, providing technical expertise and directing
freelance producers and camera-operators. You will also redevelop the
archive <http://www.tate.org.uk/audiovideo/archive.htm>, making it more
usable and accessible, and utilising it in e-learning projects.

It's essential that you have spent at least three to five years managing
digital/online projects incorporating many partners and collaborators. You
need hands-on experience of webcasting production and strong knowledge of
the technical side. It's likely that you've already worked in the art and
education field. You will certainly be aware of the issues surrounding
online teaching and learning. You will also have a strong vision of
webcasting's future at Tate.

For more about Tate’s webcasting programme, visit:
http://www.tate.org.uk/audiovideo/default.htm

For an application pack, please visit:
http://www.tate.org.uk/home/vacancies/

email: annis.kooshesh at tate.org.uk
quote ref. 3034/NP

<honor at va.com.au>           <http://www.radioqualia.net>
+44 (0)20 76841859

leaving london soon
.net only contact post 18.07.03

"perhaps attention acts on information the same way gravity acts on mass:
attraction begets attraction and a positive feedback loop is formed"
http://electricsheep.org/