[spectre] HELP needed!!!

peter at maxavision.com peter at maxavision.com
Mon Jul 7 16:06:28 CEST 2003

Hi all and sorry for cross-posting -

So here's the deal:

Three weeks ago, because of a Yahoo snafu, my Yahoo
history got erased and I had to resubscribe to all my
Yahoo message boards. eye-candy and Audiovisualizers
were certainly on my list. However, after a week, I
still had not gotten confirmations from either. So I
contacted Dave who is involved with them both. His
answer:

> Due to a glitch with yahoo, I, the eyecandy group
owner am locked out of my own group - thus not allowing
me to approve any pending memberships.
I am desperately trying to remedy the situation, but
keep getting automated responses from Yahoo that don't
address my problem whatsoever, thus I am currently
screwed, leaving you, and many other pending members,
potentially pending for eternity.
I'm sorry but I can't help at the moment - if you do
find any direct contact email for yahoo though, please
send it my way, I have yet to get a real person (just
form-letter responses) for the past month.
sorry.
–dave <

Today, three weeks after that email and more than six
weeks after eye_candy and Audiovisualizers shut down
for any new members, I got the following from Dave:

> I'm still locked out, and have given up hope, as I've
sent over 2 dozen messages to yahoo in the past six
weeks, with not a single reply by a human. I've tried
calling their corporate offices, with no luck, complete
run-around. <

Aside from anything else anyone can do regarding
getting Yahoo personally involved in this, I would ask
any member of eye_candy or Audiovisualizers to post
this on their message lists (since I can't anymore) to
inform and possibly get a quick solution to this
problem.

At the moment, Dave, eye-candy and Audiovisualizers
have been floating lost in cyber limbo for almost two
months. The lists don't know it and virtually nobody
else cares. That's not the way it's supposed to be.

There's something very basic in this – about the
individual and individual group rights being swallowed
up by corporate technology - which cannot be left
unchecked.

They say the Internet can connect everybody to
everybody. So, visualizers, let's see if we can get
back our rights and our brother.

Strength, creativity, solidarity.

Peter