[spectre] [Psrf] Photostatic Retrograde Archive, no. 31

Lloyd Dunn ll at detritus.net
Sun Jul 20 14:16:31 CEST 2003

#  If you no longer wish to recieve e-mail announcements from the
#  Photostatic Retrograde Archive, simply let us know and we will remove
#  your name from the mailing list.
#  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Now available for download, Retrograde Release no. 21, August 2003:

PhotoStatic 31

Direct download: http://psrf.detritus.net/pdf/p31.pdf (4.6 Mb)

Description. "Plagiarism®."One of our most
popular issues, and certainly one of our best
reads, the current number comprises an exposition
on the arresting notion of plagiarism as a
positive artistic technique, especially as
inspired by the Neoists and Stewart Home. Amid
the memory of such witticisms as "Plagiarism
saves time," we find, in the outer margins of
each page, a series of essays, each exploring an
individual's opinion or vision about plagiarism
as an impetus and subject for creative works. The
handwritten text used for a cover image typifies
the mental puzzling and gamesmanship in which
many in our then-circle of participants engaged.
Written by Christopher Erin, it takes no
prisoners and leaves not a subatomic particle
untouched in its amusing over-reach. Not to be
outdone, the Tape-beatles took the opportunity of
this issue to unveil their new registered
trademark - on the world "Plagiarism®" itself.
Significant texts by such deep thinkers as Harry
Polkinhorn and Ralph Johnson (among many others)
fill the inch-wide margins with texts. Similarly
important graphic works for the main space of the
pages are provided by the likes of John Stickney,
Steven Perkins, and others.

Contributors include. Ll. Dunn, Anatoly Zyyxx,
A.1 Waste Paper Co., John Stickney, Harry
Polkinhorn, Ge[of Huth], Thad Metz, The
Tape-beatles, John Eberly, Alessandro Aiello,
Christopher Erin, Arturo Giuseppe Fallico, Janet
Janet, Thom Metzger, Mark Rose, Lang Thompson,
Ralph Johnson, Steve Perkins, Bob Grumman,
Musicmaster, Linda Leidiger

Project Overview: The Photostatic Retrograde
Archive serves as an electronic repository for a
complete collection of PhotoStatic Magazine,
PhonoStatic Cassettes, Retrofuturism, and Psrf,
(as well as related titles). Issues are posted as
PDF files, at more or less regular intervals, in
reverse chronological order to form a
chronological mirror image of the original
series. When the first issue, dating from 1983,
is finally posted in several year's time, then
this electronic archive will be complete.

Issue directory: http://psrf.detritus.net/issues.html

Project URL: http://psrf.detritus.net/

--

#  Photostatic Magazine Retrograde Archive : http://psrf.detritus.net/