[spectre] Women on Waves in Poland

geert lovink geert at xs4all.nl
Fri Jun 20 08:17:36 CEST 2003

From: "Women on Waves" <info at womenonwaves.org>

Women on Waves
www.womenonwaves.org
Newsletter #6
June 2003

Dear friends.

Women on Waves has set sail to Poland on the invitation of several Polish
organisations.

On Monday morning the ship set sail, after beeing stuck in the mud for an
hour and beeing pulled into open waters by a tuck boat! The doctors and
nurse will welcome them at the pier in Wladislawowo. The official press
conference will be on Saturday the 21st of June.

During this project Women on Waves will be filmed by a crew of the BBC
programme OCorrespondent¹ that will be shown sometime this fall.

With this newsletter we are sending you our press release about the Poland
project.

Biennale in Thessaloniki

During the first Biennale of Thessaloniki. Women on Waves, in collaboration
with Willem Velthoven, presents a number of interactive installations.

For European leaders, who will discuss the proposal for the new European
constitution in Thessaloniki on June 20 th and June 21st, the exhibition is
part of the official programme.

Exhibition and press conference in Amsterdam

July 12th we will have a press conference upon returning from Poland at the
Mediamatic Art Gallery in Amsterdam where the interactive installations will
be displayed.

At the opening of the exhibition, on Saturday 12th July at 5 p.m., the
A-portable will be installed on a specially-built construction in front of
the entrance to the Mediamatic Supermarkt. During the opening, the crew and
the medical staff of Women on Waves will be present.

The exhibition is open from 13th July to 24th August inclusive, on Fridays,
Saturdays and Sundays, from 2 p.m. to 6 p.m. Address: Mediamatic Supermarkt,
Nieuwe Foeliestraat / corner of Rapenburg, Amsterdam.

For more information on the exhibition and installations please visit the
website of Mediamatic: http://www.mediamatic.net/cwolk/view/16280

With his e-mail we also wat to thank you for your ongoing support. It is
very much appreciated!

In the press release below you can find al the necessary information about
the Poland project.

Sincerely,

Rebecca Gomperts

--

For interviews with Dr. Rebecca Gomperts, president Women on Waves or Dr.
Gunilla Kleiverda, gynecologist for Women on Waves and visits to the ship

+48 503 366 211
+48 503 366 475
Or send an e-mail to press at womenonwaves.org

Contact information Polish groups, active from Saturday June 21st

tel:  +48 507 832741
Info at astra.org.pl
Or see http://www.aborcja.net