[spectre] CALL FOR WORKS-FOTOFEST MICROCINEMA

Patrick Kwiatkowski patrick at microcinema.com
Thu Jun 26 16:25:14 CEST 2003

Independent Exposure-FotoFest 2004

Microcinema International is pleased to announce a call for works for
a special edition of Independent Exposure.

In conjunction with FotoFest 2004, Microcinema will produce a short
film and video series dealing with the subject of water.

FotoFest 2004 will take place from Mid-March to Mid-April 2004 in
Houston. The focus for the 2004 Biennial is water; water as global
resource and inspiration for personal and creative expression. The
three directions to FotoFest's exhibition and education programming in
2004 are:

The Global Perspective: Water as historical determinant of human
settlement and a force in shaping the future, international politics,
and economic development.
The Community Perspective: Water and the quality of life, its
potential for enrichment and destruction. This area will have a
particular emphasis on cities.
The Personal View: Water as a catalyst for individual expression and
aesthetic and spiritual contemplation and creativity.
FotoFest, Inc is a non-profit international arts and education
organization, whose purpose is to create an international forum for
the exchange, promotion, and public appreciation of photo-related
work.

FotoFest's programs bring together an international vision of art with
a commitment to cross-cultural education and the strengthening of
cultural resources in Houston, the United States, and around the
globe. They are committed to providing a forum for the photo-related
arts, past and present, and helping to improve education in Houston
and the United States.

FotoFest 2004 will take place from March 12 to April 12, 2004 in
Houston, Texas. For more info: www.fotofest.com

Microcinema's program will premier in Houston during Fotofest and then
tour the world (schedule to be determined).

---------
SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
For our FotoFest Independent Exposure compilation we will accept short
video, film and digital-media submissions of 15 minutes or less and
are currently looking for narrative, documentary, humorous, dramatic,
animation, experimental, alternative, avant-garde, erotic, and
underground works that deal in some way with WATER.

DEADLINE - SEPTEMBER 30, 2003 - - NEW DEADLINE!!!

NO FEE

Please submit a VHS (NTSC, PAL, or SECAM), clearly labeled with name,
title, length, phone-number and email, plus the mention "FOTOFEST".

Due to the large amount of entries, we are unable to return your
submission but we will get back to you regarding your submission(s)!

Microcinema will contact you before or by December 31, 2003.

Send submissions to:
Microcinema International
1530 Sul Ross
Houston, TX 77006