[spectre] http://dear_raed.blogspot.com/

a][nti][nglo.cubic netwurker at hotkey.net.au
Fri Mar 21 08:56:12 CET 2003

http://dear_raed.blogspot.com/

:: Thursday, March 20, 2003 ::

the all clear siren just went on.
The bombing aould come and go in waves, nothing too heavy and not yet
comparable to what was going on in 91. all radio and TV stations are still
on and while the air raid began the Iraqi TV was showing patriotic songs
and didn't even bother to inform viewers that we are under attack. at the
moment they are re-airing yesterday's interview with the minister of
interior affairs. THe sounds of the anti-aircarft artillery is still louder
than the booms and bangs which means that they are still far from where we
live, but the images we saw on Al Arabia news channel showed a building
burning near one of my aunts house, hotel pax was a good idea. we have two
safe rooms one with "international media" and the other with the Iraqi TV
on. every body is waitingwaitingwaiting. phones are still ok, we called
around the city a moment ago to check on friends. Information is what they
need. Iraqi TV says nothing, shows nothing. what good are patriotic songs
when bombs are dropping
around 6:30 my uncle went out to get bread, he said that all the streets
going to the main arterial roads are controlled by Ba'ath people. not
curfew but you have to have a reason to leave your neighborhood, and the
bakeries are, by instruction of the Party, seeling only a limited amount of
bread to each customer. he also says that near the main roads all the yet
unfinished houses have been taken by party or army people.

:: salam 10:33 PM [+] ::
I watched al sahaf on al-jazeera. he said that the US has bombed the Iraqi
sattelite channel, but while he was saying that the ISC was broadcasting
and if it really did hit the ISC headquarters it would have been right in
the middle of baghdad. what was probably hirt were transmiters or
something. all TV stations are still working.
:: salam 4:28 PM [+] ::

===*: Target left PEACENet.
Failed to deliver: [+ 33 other coun.t.ires]
===*: Target left SANITYNet.
Failed to deliver: [good]