[spectre] say "no war" directly

Melinda Rackham melinda at subtle.net
Sat Mar 29 17:36:46 CET 2003

i have been wanting to make my no war site with some hideous video footage i
have of us military predator spy plane techology being used to  kill people
but i havent had time to teach to myself the soft ware i need to do it..
then i rememberd the old "meta refresh tag.". and the protest on the
internet about 7 years ago re censorship.. where everyone turned thier index
pages black to spread the message.  and i thought
..why not use our index pages ..

 its really really simple..(instructions below) and my page is simple too!
 i get load s of visitors each day  - what better platform to have an
opinion..
 users  see the "no war "screen for 5 seconds then they get the art work
page they want..

http://www.subtle.net
http://www.subtle.net/carrier
http://www.subtle.net/aland
http://www.subtle.net/line
http://www.subtle.net/empyrean

 maybe it means i miss out on a show some where, or a grant, or something
cause i live in australia, a  country like the us and the uk and where
fredoom of speech and the democratic process are under attack from our own
governments.. but thats irrelavent compared to  the misery, disease,
maimings and death this war is causeing.

melinda

how to do it.
first: make your war page and name it identically to the first page of your
existing site eg.. index.html
and rename your existing first page. eg new_name.html
just put the code below into the <head> tags of your no war page .. if you
can't edit html by hand  use the code inspector window in dreamweaver, find
the top <head> tag and just cut and paste the line below changing the
www.yoursite/new_name.html  to your details, change CONTENT  to be how ever
long you want before the page changes.

<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="5;
url=http://www.yoursite/new_name.html">

for example my subtle.net index page looks like this..
<head>
<title> * No War on Iraq *</title>
<META HTTP-EQUIV="refresh" CONTENT="5; url=http://www.subtle.net/site.html">
</head>