[spectre] (fwd) Olhares de Outono 2003, Porto/PT

Andreas Broeckmann abroeck at transmediale.de
Wed Oct 15 10:22:06 CEST 2003

Date: Tue, 14 Oct 2003 11:43:19 +0100
To: spectre at mikrolisten.de, nettime <nettime at bbs.thing.net>
From: Luís Teixeira <lmt at inescporto.pt>
Subject: Events : Olhares de Outono 2003

For more information please send an email to Alvaro Barbosa
(abarbosa at porto.ucp.pt)

Regards,
luis

http://www.artes.ucp.pt/olhares-outono/2003/EngSite/eng_index.htm

schedule

workshops
10 to 11 of November
"Crash course" PD - Günter Geiger
(10:00h - 12:00h and 14:30h - 17:30h)

12 to 13 of November
Composing sound / Composing with sound - Ramón González Arroyo
(10:00h - 12:00h and 14:30h - 17:30h)

14 of November
Expressive Gesture - Antonio Camurri
(10:00h 12:00h)

conferences
14 of November

Composing sound/ Composing with sound - Ramón González Arroyo
(14:30h 16:00h)
Musical instruments, sound objects, visual instruments - António Sousa Dias
(16:00h 17:30h)
Graphical Instruments in Sound Manipulation - Carlos Caires
(17:30h 18:00h)

15 of November

Expressive Gesture / Toward New Paradigms for Multimedia and Rich
Media - Antonio Camurri
(14:30h 16:00h)
Sccaned V - Dance and Media Performance - Christian Ziegler
(16:00h 17:30h)
Digital Arts Lab Overview (Masters) - Michael Klein
(17:30h 18:00h)
Digital Arts Lab Overview - Luís Teixeira
(18:00h 19:00h)

conferences - FREE ACCESS

events
14 of November (21: 30h)
de la nuit - Ramón Arroyo and Ludger Bruemmer
d MnStR - Ramón Arroyo
Sccaned V - Christian Ziegler

15 of November (21: 30h)
Utopies -
António Sousa Dias
Carlos Caires
Fábio Gorodski
Jacopo Baboni Shilingi
Michele Tadini
Ramón González- Arroyo
Horacio Vaggione

events - FREE ACCESS

introduction

Aiming to improve and consolidate, in an effective way, the primary
mission of the original summer Workshops in the school of Arts from
the Portuguese Catholic University, the new edition of Olhares de
Outono brings a vast range of Workshops, Study-Journeys Conferences
and Artistic Events, which will serve the purpose of pushing and
stimulating the initiative and competence from the young community of
Portuguese Researchers and Artist working in the field of Digital
Arts.

Following up the essence and perspective of previous editions, this
year the specific scope of the Olhares de Outono will specifically
focus the topic of an instrument, so that conferences, workshops and
events will converge in to the discussion of a musical or visual
instrument.

The notion of an instrument, apparently leading to a perfectly
integrated model with a clear role in the mediation different human
activities, reveals it self in a perspective of decomposition of its
complexity unveiling its unstable nature. The idea of an instrument
becomes a synthesized concept based on subtracts of different
origins, in the sense that an instrument is also an interface which
articulates and correlates perception, representation, cognition,
physiology, bionic, etc.

In this context, by trying to profound, the conception,
implementation and usage of instruments which synthesize different
areas of knowledge, we will have the opportunity of getting in touch
with perspectives which are the basis for cutting-edge research in
the Digital Arts Domain.

Besides the workshops, for which we rely on the presence of Professor
Antonio Camurri and Ramon Gonzalez-Arroyo, we will also present
several conferences from which we stress the presence of two young
Portuguese researchers from one of the most prestigious research
groups in the field of representation - CICM/ Paris 8 University. A
new format of presentation will also be introduced this year, with
the Study-Journey, where we will present the work developed over the
last two years in the Atelier de Artes Digitais context, which will
be introduced this year as a research group on the Citar_Lab.

In an attempt to keep revealing to the general public the new
tendencies in Digital Arts, we will two major events closing the
Olhares de Outono, from which we highlight the event Utupias in
collaboration with Orquestra Utópica.