[spectre] Radio Kronstadt

Gillian McIver gillian at london.com
Tue Jun 1 13:09:31 CEST 2004

The Luna Nera Group of site-specific artists will be going to Kronstadt, Russia in June to make a residency in the Kronstadt Residence, hosted by the National Centre for Contemporary Art St Petersburg.

The residency project will be based around the theme of interconnection, taking as a matrix the development of radio in Kronstadt by Alexander Popov. Our site is a disused naval storehouse in the center of this military island.

The residence will initially consist of field recording of video and audio from around this interesting and unique site. The audio will be sent  to London based soubnd artist Kawaii who will mix the audio and stream it live on Radio Wireless FM internet radio on June 25, 26 and 27.  The video will be streamed via realplayer on the website http://www.kronstadt2004.org/

One June 25, 26 and 27 will be an event of live and installation art onsite, with work by Luna Nera, Dirizhable Group, Jenny Brockmann and Anna Krenz.

For more information about the project, Popov and this fascinating site, please see http://www.kronstadt2004.org/

We are also intending to do a live video conference and live stream on June 27, so anyone who's interested to get involved please let us know.

regards,

LUNA NERA
www.luna-nera.org