[spectre] [] low-fi call for proposals for commissions '04

Luci Eyers giraffe at easynet.co.uk
Thu Jun 10 16:45:52 CEST 2004

[] low-fi commissions ’04
[apologies if you receive this more than once]

This is an open call for proposals for 5 net art commissions. We are
wanting to support some new work by artists already working with
network technology. low-fi is an artist collective focusing on net art.
More info below and on our site:
http://www.low-fi.org.uk/commissions

bw,
low-fi

[] Call for proposals

low-fi welcomes proposals for 5 commissioned art projects from artists
working with networked technology/internet. We are open to
international applications.  A successful proposal could be realised
either wholly online; or could be partially online and partially in
some other media or event/performance based. However the internet will
need to be an integral component. We are aiming to extend artists'
current practice by offering financial assistance to the successful
applicants. The fee for each commission will be £1,500.

low-fi will curate an exhibition of the commissioned projects
collaborating with Iliyana Nedkova [ http://www.mediascot.org ] the
Associate Curator at Stills Gallery, Edinburgh [ http://www.stills.org/
]. Proposals should include details on how their proposed project would
work in a gallery based installation. Please also include some
indication of installation requirements, especially those that go
beyond the basic provision of equipment, network connection and
rudimentary construction (such as screens, plinths &c.) The show will
run at Stills Gallery from April - June 2005.

[we will not accept proposals which are:
- for home pages of documentation for projects that exist entirely
offline
- for projects which have already been produced]

In order to submit a proposal please download and complete the
application form:

Then email it to us at low-fi at low-fi.org.uk

[] Deadline: 15 July '04

[] LOW-FI