[spectre] Berlinale Talent Campus - Newsletter #1

info at berlinale-talentcampus.de info at berlinale-talentcampus.de
Thu Jun 10 11:49:51 CEST 2004

BERLINAL TALENT CAMPUS #3 - Newsletter 01
Berlin, June 2004

To all up-and-coming filmmakers

APPLY NOW FOR THE BERLINALE TALENT CAMPUS AND THE FOOTBALL SHORT FILM
COMPETITION >SHOOT GOALS! SHOOT MOVIES!<

Dear Friends of Film, Dear Talent,

Once again the Berlinale Talent Campus offers young film
professionals from all over the world unique chances to improve their
skills and to participate in the 55th Berlin International Film
Festival. The application phase for the third Berlinale Talent Campus
and for an exciting new contest, the Football Short Film
Competition >SHOOT GOALS! SHOOT MOVIES!< is starting now.

The crme de la crme of the international film industry will be on
hand to share their knowledge and experience with the up-and-coming
generation of filmmakers. Our motto >DESIGNING YOUR FUTURE< wants to
encourage you searching new ways of cinema. A special focus of the
Campus 2005 will be on production design. A series of events will
explore the importance of the look of a movie. Besides this special
theme we will touch on the classic topics from pre-production to
promotion not forgetting about the philosophy of making motion
pictures.

APPLICATION BERLINALE TALENT CAMPUS #3

The Campus application can be found online only at
<http://www.berlinale-talentcampus.de>http://www.berlinale-talentcampus.de.
Eligible are: young screenwriters, producers, cinematographers,
directors, actors, film composers, sound designers, film editors,
productions designers and art directors. A key part of the
application is the submission of a one minute film as a work sample.
Composers and sound designers may submit a sound sample,
screenwriters may submit a writing sample, production designers and
art directors may submit photos or artwork in place of the film.

The application deadline for the Campus is 1 November, 2004.
Successful applicants who are not German citizens and who do not live
in Germany will receive free accommodation and a contribution towards
their travel expenses. The Campus takes place from 12 - 17 February,
2005.

Talents who took part in the Talent Campus 2003 and 2004 are welcome
to apply. However, preference will be given to talents applying for
the first time. If selected to participate for a second time in 2005,
no travel expenses and accommodation costs will be reimbursed.

FOOTBALL SHORT FILM COMPETITION >SHOOT GOALS! SHOOT MOVIES!<

The Berlinale Talent Campus is holding an exciting new contest: A
short film competition on football. If you are a young talented
filmmaker who loves football this is your chance. The Campus is
looking for shorts about the passion for football, the people who
love it and the culture it generates in your country. Of course we're
not referring to the game with the same name in the US, Canada and
Australia - here we are talking about soccer.

The films should be between 30 seconds and 5 minutes long, in English
or have English subtitles. All genres are acceptable: dramatic,
documentary, animated or a mixture of any of the three. To qualify,
you must have certified professional experience in the motion picture
field (film school or experience on several productions).Please read
the regulations at
<http://www.berlinale-talentcampus.de/football>http://www.berlinale-talentcampus.de/football.

If your film is selected it will have outstanding exposure. It will
not only be shown at the 55th Berlin International Film Festival (10
- 20 February, 2005) but also at events of the official cultural
programme of the 2006 FIFA World Cup Germany. You will be invited to
the third Berlinale Talent Campus and for a week during the 2006 FIFA
World Cup Germany.

Please note that the application deadline for the Football Short Film
Competition is 15 September, 2004.

TELELECTURES

Last but not least we would like you to listen to the most intense
moments of the speeches and interviews given by the experts who were
present at the Campus 2004. The library of Telelectures is constantly
growing.

<<http://www.berlinale-talentcampus.de/chl/35.php>http://www.berlinale-talentcampus.de/chl/35.php>

Please forward this newsletter to all potential talents. For more
information, visit our website at www.berlinale-talentcampus.de
<<http://www.berlinale-talentcampus.de>http://www.berlinale-talentcampus.de>.

Keep in touch!

Your Berlinale Talent Campus Team

The Berlinale Talent Campus is an initiative of the Berlin
International Film Festival, a business division of the
Kulturveranstaltungen des Bundes in Berlin GmbH.