[spectre] [Psrf] Photostatic Retrograde Archive, no. 22; new RSS feed

Lloyd Dunn ll at detritus.net
Sat Jun 26 20:40:57 CEST 2004

#  If you no longer wish to recieve e-mail announcements from the
#  Photostatic Retrograde Archive, simply let us know and we will remove
#  your name from the mailing list.
#  - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We regret that it has been 6 months since our last announcement.
However, the retrograde releases have been continuing at their normal
rate. In addition the the current issue now being announced (no. 22,
see description below), we have also uploaded nos. 23, 24, and the
25/26 double issue, as well as PhonoStatic Cassette no. 7.

In addition, we have added an RSS feed for your favorite newsreader,
so that you can receive the announcement of new uploads to the site
without having to rely on our intervention. Bookmark this:

http://psrf.detritus.net/psrf.rss

- - - - - -

Now available for download, Retrograde Release no. 22, June 2004:

PhotoStatic 22

Direct download: http://psrf.detritus.net/pdf/p22.pdf (4.3 Mb)

Description. Disinformation. As we work our way back in time with
this series, we begin to notice the typesetting coming to resemble
more and more typewriting, and the page layouts themselves showing
the artifacts of their construction: a false razor cut here, the
corrugated edge of a length of cellophane tape there. We've made
minimal efforts to efface these "problems", inasmuch as we want this
archive to document the work in question in its moment as it were.
That said, the process of scanning the submissions in their original
form (as paste-ups and glued-up collages, mostly) creates the
opportunity to restore most of them to their native gray scale. Some
of the works in this issue benefit greatly from this restoration.

Contributors Include. Theme suggested by Lang Thompson. Ll. Dunn,
Musicmaster, Phlegm Pets, Ralph Johnson, Yrizarry, Warren Ong, A.1.
Waste Paper Co., Bob Gregory, Mary Disney, Lang Thompson, John
R[ininger], Serse Luigetti.

Project Overview: The Photostatic Retrograde Archive serves as an
electronic repository for a complete collection of PhotoStatic
Magazine, PhonoStatic Cassettes, Retrofuturism, and Psrf, (as well as
related titles). Issues are posted as PDF or Ogg Vorbis files, at
more or less regular intervals, in reverse chronological order to
form a chronological mirror image of the original series. When the
first issue, dating from 1983, is finally posted in several year's
time, then this electronic archive will be complete.

Issue directory: http://psrf.detritus.net/issues.html

Project URL: http://psrf.detritus.net/

--

#  Photostatic Magazine Retrograde Archive : http://psrf.detritus.net/