[spectre] Fw: i love Italia: ArtExperience in Venice

franck ancel franck.ancel at wanadoo.fr
Tue Apr 12 14:02:43 CEST 2005

----- Original Message -----
From: <pressrelease at undo.net>
To: <info at franck-ancel.com>
Sent: Tuesday, April 12, 2005 1:38 PM
Subject: i love Italia: ArtExperience in Venice

> i love Italia: news about the Italian contemporary art scene from UnDo.Net
>
> ArtExperience 2005, two weeks of events and workshop
>
> Telecom Italia Future centre - Venice
>
> Artexperience with Olafur Eliasson
> Modelmania, 6-10 June 2005
> Artist: Olafur Eliasson
> Lecturers: Kjetil Thorsen, Yona Friedman, Hans Ulrich Obrist
> Special Guests: Stefano Boeri, Daniel Birnbaum, Massimiliano Gioni,
Maurizio Nannucci
> Curator: Maurizio Bortolotti; Assistant curator Laura Garbarino, DA
Coordinator Valentina Boscarino
> Press and Promotion Diana Marrone
>
> Artexperience with Carsten Nicolai
> Sound Spaces - Atmospheres, 23 - 26 June 2005
> Artist: Carsten Nicolai
> Lecturers: Andrea Branzi, designer and architect; Gernot Böhme,
philosopher
> Special Guests: Max Neuhaus, artist; Ryoji Ikeda, composer
> Curators: Antonio Somaini, Assistant curator Laura Garbarino, DA
Coordinator Valentina Boscarino
> Press and Promotion: Diana Marrone
>
> On 2005, Domus Academy and Progetto Italia present the second
ArtExperience edition: two weeks of events and reflections on contemporary
art during next June, when the opening of the 51st Venice Biennale will
occur. ArtExperience is dedicated to a public of art professionals but also
of simply art lovers and on 2005 will deal with - by adopting different
viewpoints - the relation among art, sound, architecture and technology.

> ArtExperience is a DA project focused on the central figure of
internationally recognized contemporary artists: on 2005 the Swedish Olafur
Eliasson and the German Carsten Nicolai will be the artist that will lead
open conversations, round talks and performances, together with important
culture, art and publishing International key figures.

> Further, ArtExperience offers two seminars open to limited admissions,
that will be held to Telecom Italia Future Centre in the same period and
will be lead from those artists in English language. Domus Academy is
offering some internships to free admit those students with an outstanding
curriculum.
> ArtExperience 2005 will be guest in the particular frame of the former
Convent San Salvador in Venice and each week will offer several occasions to
meet professionals and to join open round tables, to which also the
seminar's students will participate: art lovers, journalists, critics, young
artists, architects and designers. Each seminar will be ended by a special
appointment - a conversation for the Eliasson's seminar and a
performance-concert for the Nicolai's seminar: both the events will be guest
in the beautiful XVI° Century cloisters of former Convent, now the Telecom
Future Centre, with free admission.

> ArtExperience is aimed to build an experience able to go further the
traditional approach to contemporary art, with the opinion that this
discipline is today pretty linked to the other creativity or communication
fields; today art enters in our everyday life and dialogues with
architecture, social and anthropological sciences - with design and fashion,
advertisement, cinema and music.
> With 2005 edition, the multidiscipline element, so talked in the debates,
is still the core factor of the workshops: in this sense the June new
appointment renovate what already stated last year, during the first
edition, held in the same place and lead by Rirkrit Tiravanija and Christian
Marclay.

> Artexperience with Olafur Eliasson
> Modelmania 6-10 giugno 2005
>
> From Monday 6 to Friday 10 June 2005, Modelmania will offer one entire
week of open to public events, matched with a seminar in English language
for those - as young professionals, art lovers -  would join a confrontation
with one of the most interesting artists of these years.
> Olafur Eliasson, the leader of first ArtExperience 2005 week in Venice,
let belong his creation to the principle that world exists thanks to the
experience all of us have of it. The climate main elements - such as water,
light, temperature, atmospheric pressure - are the main components of his
artworks, where art and architecture are a sole whole. By introducing
natural phenomena in art installations, realized with the use of technology
either in open spaces or in the galleries, the artist put the public to
reflect on the perception of the physical world that surrounds everybody.
Eliasson works for the main international art institutions that dedicated to
the artists solo shows and commissions for site-specific projects (as The
Weather Project at Tate Modern, London, 2003).

> The extraordinary participation to Modelmania, beside the artist, of
special guests will allow to animate open and intense relation moments
exactly in the vernissage days of 51st Venice Art Biennale.

> On Wednesday 8 June from 6.30 p.m., Progetto Italia S.p.A. and Domus
Academy will present Beyond the Borders: Social Aspects in Art and
Architecture, a round talk with Olafur Eliasson, Kjetil Thorsen, Stefano
Boeri, Daniel Birnbaum, Massimiliano Gioni, Maurizio Nannucci, moderated by
Maurizio Bortolotti.

> On Friday 10 June, at the same hour, Intersecting Experiences a
conversation among Olafur Eliasson, Yona Friedman and Hans Ulrich Obrist.
The open to public event will be introduced by Maurizio Bortolotti.

> The workshop that will run in a full time schedule in the same days of the
events, will be also held at Telecom Future Centre by offering, in sessions
reserved only to selected participants, several study cases and lectures,
such as of: Hans Ulrich Obrist (6 giugno: art and architecture as a common
field); Kjetil Thorsten (Modeling Architecture, 7 giugno); Olafur Eliasson
ed H.U.  Obrist (ARC's Exhibition 2002: New Perspectives, 8 giugno intera
giornata).
> Domus Academy is offering some internships to free admit those students
with an outstanding curriculum.

> Artexperience with Carsten Nicolai
> Sound Spaces - Atmospheres 23 - 26 June 2005
>
> From Thursday 23 to Sunday 26 June 2005, Telecom Italia Future Centre will
be animated by a concentrated and intense path that will run through the
most fascinating and avant-garde forms of interaction among electronic
music, visual art and architecture. A conversation, an open round talk, a
rare concert and performance will be opened to the town and to the public of
Venice and of Art Biennal. But it will guest also a workshop in English
language for a selected public at which at the admission will be asked to
present a sonic installation project to be placed in Venice. Domus Academy
is offering some internships to free admit those students with an
outstanding curriculum.

> The centre of the events and of the workshop will be the German artist and
musician Carsten Nicolai, one of the most interesting figures emerged in the
lattes years from both the musical and the art International scene. Nicolai
is known today as one of the most representative artists that are dedicated
to investigate the intersection between art and technology. Active as a
visual artist and as a music performer or event and concert designer,
Nicolai works on the limits of the human perception and the way to go
through it, by let achieve to the public, as for example, the experience of
sonic frequencies and of the magnetic forces with the use of senses like
sight or tact, further to the listening one. After having exhibited in
important group shows at Documenta (Kassel), Art Biennale (Venice), after
the wide retrospective to the Kunsthalle Schirn (Frankfurt) and after the
solo show to Eigen+Art Gallery (Berlin), Carsten Nicolai will present in
Venice a new electronic music co!
> ncert together with the Japanese composer Ryoji Ikeda, a very important
figure of the international experimental scene.

> Sound Spaces - Atmospheres will be participated by lecturers and special
guests, in order to offer open to public relation moments and the free
concert at Telecom Future Centre, during the first day of opening of 51st
Art Biennal.

> On Thursday 23 June from 6.30 p.m. Progetto Italia S.p.A. and Domus
Academy will offer a conversation with the artist Max Neuhaus.
> After, on Friday 24 June, from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. Telecom future Centre
will guest an open round talk entitled Designing Sound Space, at which will
be possible discuss with Gernot Boehme, Andrea Branzi, Max Neuhaus, Carsten
Nicolai, with the participation of Angela Vettese (Università IUAV,
Venezia), and the chairman Antonio Somaini.
> On Saturday 25 June from 9 p.m. the extraordinary performance/concert with
Carsten Nicolai and  Ryoji Ikeda will close the 2005 ArtExperience seminars.

> The workshop linked to the public events, that will run in a full time
schedule in the same days of the events, will be held at Telecom Future
Centre by offering, in session reserved only to selected participants,
several study cases and lectures, such as of: Carsten Nicolai and Andrea
Branzi, of Gernhot Boheme. Further, those participants that at the admission
have listed a project of a sonic installation on Venice town, will be called
to discuss it directly with the artist and the other participants, with the
curator and the lecturers, during a special group session.
> Domus Academy is offering some internships to free admit those students
with an outstanding curriculum.

> For this workshop, a special thank to
> Paolo Curti - Annamaria Gambuzzi&Co. Gallery, Milan
>
> Information and subscriptions:
>
> Domus Academy, Via Savona 97 20144 Milano
> ph. +39 02 42414029 fax +39 02 4222525
> http://www.domusacademy.it
>
> Press office: Diana Marrone
> pressreleaseundercover / press officers&event designers
> Via L. Settembrini, 47 20124 Milan, (I)
> ph. +39 02 45484865 mob. +39 349 5517623
> prundercover at gmail.com
>
> ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
>
> For an overview of the Italian contemporary art scene (updated daily in
> Italian) and international contemporary art exhibitions (updated daily
> in English):
> http://www.undo.net/pressrelease
>
> PressRelease offers info about national and international cultural events,
> images and links. Created in collaboration with museum press offices,
> galleries, critics and artists. PressRelease is UnDo.Net's information
> centre, a daily magazine that is open, free and constantly updated.

> To unsubscribe just click

http://www.undo.net/cgi-bin/undo/news/mail/home_eng.pl?id=1112642587:in1SyMH
8h35cA