[spectre] "Art Calling..." at Medialab Madrid!

Chiara Passa chiapa at libero.it
Thu Dec 1 14:01:18 CET 2005

Hello Ladies and Gentleman,

I’m glad in informing you I’m moving to Madrid for one or more months to work and develop my project “Art Calling-Digital Art Stories”, at Medialab ( Centro Cultural Conde Duque, Madrid ). Submission regarding artistic material and artist’s works are welcome at chiapa at libero.it

“Art Calling-Digital Art Stories”.

The object of the project is to bring people closer to digital art in an easy way. “Art Calling-Digital Stories” is a public art project that proposes people to listen to stories about digital art (through phone booths used as a communicative medium). This project could be used from one till seven in public phone booths (depending on the size of the city). People using “Art Calling-Digital Stories” must only dial a telephone number (listed on sticker on the booth) which is linked to a switchboard (from a telephone company) with various vocal options and also various audio files. For example, one of the audio files could be about software art and it will correspond to the phone’s botton n.5. So the person listening to software art, must call the number, hear all the vocal options and later push button n.5.  Inside the booth people will find another sticker with instructions about how to connect with different stories.  Every tale will listen will be told in the English language (it’s also possible to do various language versions). The stories tell of the most interesting artists, artworks and events about interactive art, software art, modified video games, demo scene, hacking tools, digital animation, video installation, sound art, from the beginning to present day, several selected by me.
The “Art Calling-Digital Stories” audio files, also contain additional materials such as bibliography,  webography, info about artists, specific  projects, festivals and various resources, etc.

Best regards, Chiara.

Chiara Passa
chiapa at libero.it
www.chiarapassa.it